JOIN THE ORANGE "CLOCKWORK" CLUB,show your bikes!

Cheers Sinnerman, I was young and had nothing better to do - I just liked going everywhere on my bike and fancied a bit of a journey. Now I look back and realise that if I hadn't done it then (my 19th birthday was a month into the trip) I probably would never have been able to... :shock:

Rich34":2etksup2 said:
Cheers Sinnerman, I was young and had nothing better to do - I just liked going everywhere on my bike and fancied a bit of a journey. Now I look back and realise that if I hadn't done it then (my 19th birthday was a month into the trip) I probably would never have been able to... :shock:

Rich it must have been an amazing trip, and something you look back on with fond memories, .......and at least you did it, and didnt get 20 years on and regret not doing it.....well done mate, ..... :cool:

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,723
theredchili":1enxuns5 said:
4) your see a black Velo saddle, these were cheaper than Flites which were becoming evermore popular back then.

I had one of those - it was bloody uncomfortable!!

theredchili":1enxuns5 said:
5) under the front mech, you can see on some of the pictures is a black ?! this stopped the chain from dropping of the granny ring

I have a mag from BITD with a write up on those - you can still buy them on eBay!

Cool pics :D

nevadasmith":rlg5sfkp said:
theredchili":rlg5sfkp said:
4) your see a black Velo saddle, these were cheaper than Flites which were becoming evermore popular back then.

I had one of those - it was bloody uncomfortable!!

theredchili":rlg5sfkp said:
5) under the front mech, you can see on some of the pictures is a black ?! this stopped the chain from dropping of the granny ring

I have a mag from BITD with a write up on those - you can still buy them on eBay!

Cool pics :D

yeah , was stiff as a board, but it looked cool and was cheap :LOL:

i have 2 clockworks, a 93(?) and an 07.

the 93 i found on a scrap heap, no joke, i recognised the paint, it was the orange/purple fade, quite ugly really, checked it over and it was straight, sent it to argos for a repiant, kept it like that for 2 years then came to hate the paint so i sent it to bob jackson and had it painted british racing green with gold lettering, same colours as the later (96?)c16r. i would have done it the traditional orange white fade but i already at that point had the 07 model which was orange white. i built it with mostly a deore dx 7speed group, the headset and brake pads are xt and it's mint. currently doesn't have slicks on though, it has hutchinson tyres on it.

when the 07 clockwork came out i had to have one, for me it does scream retro, steel, classic paint, but modernised. i tried to build it a bit british by going down the hope hubs/brakes route(brakes are all silver, special order from hope from when i was in the trade) and i would have used a middleburn chainset but the x type version wasn't out at the time so i used a raceface dues bar/stem/post/chainset, the rest is xtr, king headset and reba world cup forks.

the 07 is defo my favourite bike out of all of mine, it just does everything for me.
:)

Attachments

• orange clockwork.jpg
    orange clockwork.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 1,667
  • 07clockwork.jpg
    07clockwork.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,667
I took my Clockwork out for a spin up the woods this morning and managed to take a few pics...

I tried different settings on the camera to show the fluro paintwork, but no matter what I tried i couldn't really do it justice.
It really does look fantastic in the 'flesh' ...
Here's how it got to this stage - http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=160338&highlight=

Attachments

• DSCF5956 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF5956 (Medium).JPG
    240.9 KB · Views: 1,576
  • DSCF5955 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF5955 (Medium).JPG
    229.8 KB · Views: 1,576
  • DSCF5960 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF5960 (Medium).JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 1,576
jonnyboy666":2c0m7zue said:
i have 2 clockworks, a 93(?) and an 07.

the 93 i found on a scrap heap, no joke, i recognised the paint, it was the orange/purple fade, quite ugly really, checked it over and it was straight, sent it to argos for a repiant, kept it like that for 2 years then came to hate the paint so i sent it to bob jackson and had it painted british racing green with gold lettering, same colours as the later (96?)c16r. i would have done it the traditional orange white fade but i already at that point had the 07 model which was orange white. i built it with mostly a deore dx 7speed group, the headset and brake pads are xt and it's mint. currently doesn't have slicks on though, it has hutchinson tyres on it.

when the 07 clockwork came out i had to have one, for me it does scream retro, steel, classic paint, but modernised. i tried to build it a bit british by going down the hope hubs/brakes route(brakes are all silver, special order from hope from when i was in the trade) and i would have used a middleburn chainset but the x type version wasn't out at the time so i used a raceface dues bar/stem/post/chainset, the rest is xtr, king headset and reba world cup forks.

the 07 is defo my favourite bike out of all of mine, it just does everything for me.
:)

Jonny.......i love the refinish in the green, looks very classy and the build is no nonsense too.... love it.... :cool:

The 07 model you have was from memory an instant sales success, and with limited numbers....from memory always sold out..., i have seen these making mental money on ebay too..., did they do one se edition in 07 or was there an earlier model done in these colours too.....i cant remember now can you......??

my lad would still like one the same...., dont think he will ever grow out of his orange phase.... :D

Latest posts

Back