Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Seems a lot of cyclists hate football. Wondered what the general consensus on here is, especially with the world cup coming up

I have no problem with the concept of football as a team game that brings together disparate groups of people. What I despise is the innate and deep-seated rivalry that supporting a particular team brings, and the way that the entire country is supposed to hang on the antics of a bunch of over-paid individuals who can in no way be considered role models for society (yet somehow are).

I enjoy it . Not mad about it that my life revolves around it but I follow results etc...

I have driven 9 hours in total to go to my temple Old Trafford . :cool:

I will follow the World Cup but wont loose sleep over it .

Genreally hate it. It is a bit like Wimbledon season for me.

I avoid it like the plague the rest of the time but I have gone to the pub to watch a few Euro and World Cup matches and had a really good time. But it was probably the beer, friends and ambience more than the football.

I like wimbledon too .

I pretty much like every sports on TV . I even watch cricket .
Thanks god I have eurosports for the cycling events . Mind you next year the Tour will go through next to where I live so that should be good .

sorry jez

hate it , and whats worse , its all i get to listen to in work

player this , manager that , whose gone where , and for how much !!

work with a scouser , a geordie , a cardiff fan ( big nasty bstrd who hates scousers :shock: )

so you can imagine the conversations :LOL:

Yeah Im not a fan at all. Mates into it and all girls are shocked when you say i dont follow it.

I even used to play a right winger in teens but preferred playing it to watching it. Liek anything - cant see how anyone can just watch sport and not want to try it and do it? Wierd!

Back