First Project - Daccordi Mitico

You shouldn't have had to pay extra for the lockring as they are supplied with the cassette. I know mine was. I agree about the metal on the Veloce cassette it does look a bit thin and weedy but I put that down to squeezing 10 sprockets in such a small space. I've only put 3000 miles on mine but it seems hardwearing enough so far, apart from the staining that is.

You're almost ready to roll,
Mark.

Love to get an update on this. How is it going? I am putting together an old daccordi too - so most interested!

Nearly there!

Hi Miro,

Sorry been a bit lazy with this one as Christmas and other financial needs got in the way. I was not hurrying as I have no plans to ride until the weather is better. I literally just need to buy the rear derailleur and the chain and fit and then fit the cable and wrap the bars....everything else is done and I'm very happy with how easy this has been - even fitting the cables has been quite straightforward. But I am worried about wrapping the bars as I am a bit cack-handed with that sort of thing.....might need to get the wife involved, heaven forbid!

I'll try to put up the latest photos this week....would love to see photos of your build, so feel free to post them up here if you like. Which Daccordi do you have? Did you just buy the frame?

Guess I will just have to be patient then!

I will post a photo of mine as soon as I can find my camera charger - though this has been missing in action since about xmas.

Not sure exactly what model mine is - it is lugged steel (with the odd daccordi flourish in the lugs) - I am lead to beleive columbus SLX but the sticker is no longer. Nice chromed forks marked with a d and one chromed chain stay. Looking pretty '80s but in pretty reasonable condition - I have certainly seen some children of the eighties looking worse for wear than this one!

I am a bit stuck as to whether to go modern or retro on the build. This will be my only road bike (at least for the foreseeable) and I would like to have all the modern conveniences of brifters and smooooth changes but I also really like the idea of lots of lovely old campag kit too. What is most likely is that I will go for the cheapest way of getting it on the road in the interim and I can start to put together some nice old running gear over time - but while I am actually using the bike.

Apparently it was originally a 14 speed and not sure whether to aim for this again or go for the modern 20 speed. The availability of 7 speed cassettes looks a little difficult and the frame has already been respaced to 126mm for the wider cassette.

I really like your wheels and might go with silver open pro's too - basically whatever I do the wheels have to be silver - I don't think modern black rims or spokes will cut it on this bike.

So much to consider! To be honest if I had the cash it would all be pretty easy and the bike would be finished next week (and it would look good!) but this has be a project on a budget.

Cheers and good luck with the final little details on your build.

Finished!

Finally finished this build, installing the rear derailleur, the chain and wrapping the bars. Actually wrapping the bars wasn't as hard as I thought, the only problem is the finishing electrical tape which I have had problems getting really smooth round the bars....need some more practise, but easy enought to redo. Had my first couple of very short rides and everything is sweet other than a slight bulge on the front tyre which I have reflated and seems to have gone away now. Tweaking the gears to work right was another thing which was much easier than I thought and I now know how to use the barrel adjusters to get this right. So next some photos which are not the best and I will try and do some more, but have a look and enjoy! Notice the hidden cable routing which just involved shoving the cable sheath through and it popped out the other end! Apologies for the SPD pedals but I have shimano on my other bike....oops and forgot to put the chain on the big ring :)

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

you should be wise enough to know never to ask a chap the cost of his bike or a woman her age.
so how much?
BTW, very nice. loving the colour

I'll try and do the maths this evening and let you know.....probably round £1k but you never know!

That's beautiful, came together really well. Is the saddle a Charge Spoon then? That's the shape I'm after for one of my bikes. I love the close-up of your paintwork, really nice.

Latest posts

Back