John o groats to lands end Donations please,

jamis o4

Retro Guru
He go's I'm after a few donations to help convert my xc bike til I get a road bike sorted for full training for John o groats to lands end for the local children's ward,

Planning a few trips after crimbo as good practice until then I on a xc bike

If anyone can help I need a pair of slick tyres 26 x whatever, a speedo, a pair of bib tights size xxl and some sort of long sleeve jersey size xl any help will be soo grateful and I will keep people posted with a sort of blog

Cheers hope some1 can help

Also after a fairly cheap road bike 2 cheers

Not sure what point your trying to make, the local hospital helped my little girl from a meningitis scare at 5 days old so there's a reason!

dnrc

thanks for that..if you're not interested then why waste your time posting :roll:

if people want to help..fine,,,if not...also fine. We arent fussed either way as we know that what were wanting to do will help the not so fortunate down the line.

it is merely an oppurtunity to donate parts if people so wish...instead of maybe throwing them in the bin....any parts that are donated will be given away as karma once we have achieved our goals

thanks anyway ;)

I am quite envious of the trip alough not the reason for doing it. I was all geared up to do a budget version camping in fields and carrying the kit during a spell of unemployment. Then I got a job so couldn't do it.

I have a nice Cateye cordless you can have. I will check it first.

I am interested, but only in as much as it irks me to all the time be coming across a load of people who basically want to go an a cycling holiday but want other people to fund/equip them.

They then also want to be lauded as some sort of modern day saint because of it, maybe get their pic in the paper and get a good slap on the back for a job well done.

Please....you want a holiday, fund it yourself, go on holiday and leave all the other crap out of it.

that is what we are planning to do...tow all our own kit and be as self sufficient as we can...the charity thing was only a second thought..as in..there will be roughly 9 of us doing this..some raising money, some not.

we thought as we are going to do it regardless, why not see if we can raise some money in the process..if we dont then so be it

Latest posts

Back