pace rc100 finally finished.

The XC Pro build is going to look awesome....wouldn't worry about the Pace hubs...stick to the Suntour ones as you have them :)

ok, i'm feeling a bit restless now, argos have told me the job could run into the new year. now i don't mind waiting cos i want the job done right.
but i do miss having the pace around,
is it me or do most people become emotionally attached to a bike.
its not like i'm in love with the pace, that would be too weird,
but going back to being a poor kid who could only afford a second hand marin muirwoods, and looking at a pace rc100 at the time, thinking if only i could just own one of them,
well i can say it was a dream come true to buy one in such original condition. ok i may have paid more than i should have, but i was thinking i may never get the chance again.
this bike will be used, but not abused. can't wait.

Turned my frame round in two weeks, just dropped another one in and they quoted the same again
:?

Have they not got the colours in stock :?:

that is just the time scale they told me, i am having the stem, cranks & fork legs done as well. they didnt say anything about not having the paint in stock, if they could do mine in 2 weeks i'd be very happy.

another thing arrived today, just need the wheels building and get the frame back.

Attachments

• IMG_4521.JPG
    IMG_4521.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 872
ok, i think i may have O.B.D. (obsessive bike dissorder) when i took on this project i thought i'll just get it resprayed and clean up the old parts,
but the deeper i get into it, the more obsessive i'm getting right down to getting the correct toe clips & straps, seems like the yellow straps are extremely elusive.
but the saving grace at the moment is waiting for the frame gives me time to search for more correct stuff. i'm pretty sure this bike will never be as it was when i came out of the factory, but it will be pretty close.
anyone know what paint is best to use on the magura's ?

Standard halfords matt black rattlecan is the best paint. Toe straps are Cateye 'snake' TC-100 straps. The yellow ones don't really suit the bright flouro paint as they are almost always sun bleached to a more buttery yellow.

Go for black ones with yellow toe clips. They were always mixing things on the bike anyway.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Black-P ... 1053wt_689

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
videojetman":9cho3whf said:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=174898
just bought this to keep me busy while i wait for the pace to be painted.

This is how it starts...you then buy another bike while you're waiting for the Marin to get sorted and before you know it you'll have a dozen bikes all in varying states of repair!

Back