Raleigh Magic

Kamcio

Retro Newbie
I've searched whole universe and didn't find any info about this bike, maybe someone know basics details like year of born and etc etc...
Here's some pics:

cant see the pics (if there's any)
but my daugher had a raliegh magic when she was 4 ish
it was pink with tassles on the bars and lots of glittery bits

not the same is it ?

Odd, not from the UK K2 range. It looks like a Ravine frameset with Summit components on.

Carl.

sorry mate , its a work related net nanny issue
i will view them when i get home

where are you from ? might shed light on export market ranges

Looks like a 1993 frameset along with LX M560 components (also from 1993).

As already stated, the 'Magic' wasn't in the 1993 K2 range in the UK, nor did any of the bikes that year have the big 'Raleigh' decal on the downtube.

The 1993 'Peak' was equipped with LX but was also pink. The Ravine was blue but was fitted with bottom of the range Altus A10 components.

As far as I know all the K2 bikes used the same frameset, so I suspect this is an export model which wasn't available in the UK.
It's a good bike, but sadly the 'Raleigh' decal makes it look otherwise.

(Click on the above images for a larger version)

Another interesting observation is that the colour is the same as the 1992 Ravine (that came with 400LX) but the frame design is the same as the 1993 bikes with the seatstays without the Raleigh Logo and welded differently (possibly due to frame failures).

Like Paul said I was also thinking an export bike for somewhere where one of the other regular names was not suitable (like the mitsubishi pajero in Spanish speaking communities).

Carl.

Yep the 1992 frame design had a reputation for failing where the seatstays joined the seat-tube.

The 1993 frame was much stronger due to the more robust and nicer looking design.

Back