Had a day off today....

pete_mcc

Feature Bike
BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
...gave me a chance to go through the top box in my bike cupboard under the stairs (BIG cupboard, contains: 1 Fat Ti, 1 Seven, 1 Turner, 1 Slingshot, 1 Roberts, 6 boxes of stuff and a tool box!). Here's what I found:

Here is a box:

yrxuc2.jpg

Lovely old Bontrager forks (around 1989, with the lovely rare horizontal fork drop outs):

yrxu8u.jpg

yrxu8v.jpg

Too many Cooks spoil the broth, I think not:

yrxu8w.jpg

yrxu80.jpg

NOS stuff:

yrxu8z.jpg

yrxucy.jpg

Mavic and glittery stuff;

yrxuc1.jpg

This is the top box which has the good stuff, although I'm sure there's a pile like this in some of the others, I'll just have to wait for the next day off....

Look into my eyes, Look into my eyes, You want to send me your Bullseyes...and everything else for that matter, Look into my eyes

Lovely collection, those bullys look minty and really suit the black rings.

BoyBurning":26qkkelo said:
Fancy selling me those replacement pads for the SMs?

I'd love to but they are all spoken for on various machines:

-Post ones are the back-ups for the Fat Ti
-Screw ins are for the new build (coming soon) and the spare pads are replacements for those.

They can still be found, I picked up most of mine from a number of small roadie shops and on ebay (and for less than most new pads cost)

Dhphat":4il31893 said:
Mavic shifters!!!

Believe it or not, they are one of my oldest and most original pieces in my collection, been used on almost every decent bike I've owned. I have used them as 7 speed, 8 speed and even 9 speed when used with the SRP 10t lock-ring cog (also shown in one of the pics) on a standard 8 speed cog. Bought them new from Evans in Waterloo for £10 in their bargain bin (they had another 3 sets in their at the time, although this was 15 years ago so the rest have probably gone by now :) ), they also had full Mavic groupos in there too, I just couldn't afford the rest as I was a poor student at the time.

I've got an entire mavic groupset going on my Lemond, I might try and put the shifters on this week so expect some questions coming your way Pete !

jez-2-many-bikes":28e6d451 said:
Love that bottle cage you have there Pete. What is it?

Haven't a clue, it's made of Titanium and holds a bottle fairly well as long as there is water in the bottle, if you drink too much on your ride then it has a habit of ejecting the bottle when you go over bumps. Does look cool though! Ear-marked it for the Roberts build, going to be used with a heavy 1960's style metal waterbottle to avoid torpedo ejections!

Hilts, if you want an easy groupset to set up then Mavic is the one. 15 years on and the kit works like new so it's certainly not a fragile set up, bit more clunky than shimano but sooo much classier!

Latest posts

Back