JOIN THE ORANGE "CLOCKWORK" CLUB,show your bikes!

Just been in contact with Gary at Graphic Shack and am sending the Clockwork off tomorrow....

Can't wait for it to return, hopefully it'll look as great as sinnermans.

I'm glad this has been refreshed....when I said 'thoroughbreds' in our pm's last month this was what I meant......utterly stunning bicycle...... ;)

feetabix":3gq608hv said:
I'm glad this has been refreshed....when I said 'thoroughbreds' in our pm's last month this was what I meant......utterly stunning bicycle...... ;)

thank you feetabix......,

some more recent pics for the "made in taiwan botm", after being cleaned from a quite wet costal ride.... :)

Attachments

• new pics.jpg
    new pics.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 3,256
  • rebuilt.jpg
    rebuilt.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 3,256
  • clockwork orange.jpg
    clockwork orange.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 3,255
  • Hite Rite....jpg
    Hite Rite....jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 3,255
Stunning,very clean looking build I was lucky enough to own one of these from new,was a great bike which I hammered , two years latter I sold it on only to buy it back again !

concieved here in the uk and made in the far east, for me this model is the bike that gave Orange its start in life, and got a foothold in the market, and had other uk companies going back to the drawing board with there advertising...... :LOL: :cool: (in an attempt to lure potential customers away from orange.....see Overburys ads for example.) (just wanted to add............a bloody good advert by Overburys too)...... :cool:

Attachments

• Neon.......jpg
    Neon.......jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 3,242
  • clockwork_169.jpg
    clockwork_169.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 3,234
  • syncros.jpg
    syncros.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 3,234
Looks stunning and like all your builds its a massive credit to you.

I cannot wait to see what Garry has managed on my frame and forks, he said it should blow me out of the water :LOL:

It sure is a beautiful bike, a very tasty build and a great rolling advert for the guys at Graphics Shack

I must admit I prefer the original forks than the syncros but as always sinn you do make some lovely builds

Just out of interest and being nosey.... To get to that level of finish or if you wanted the buy something of that quality could you suggest a budget target to aim for

sylus":1bndp4yq said:
I must admit I prefer the original forks than the syncros but as always sinn you do make some lovely builds

Just out of interest and being nosey.... To get to that level of finish or if you wanted the buy something of that quality could you suggest a budget target to aim for

cheers sylus,

believe it or not, when i bought the syncros fork years ago, they were fitted to a clock work frame in the team colours, as above, but in a smaller frame which was of no use to me, and the frame was too far gone to repair anyway, hence why the forks were removed and shelved.
You can imagine my excitement when a good frame example came up in my size, i had to make the forks fit..........not as easy as u think with this fork, but i refinished them and swopped out the steerer and got there in the end.

it kinda made me smile really, i originally bought the frame and fork together, because i raced against a fella several times back in the day on an orange with the fork, ( he always kicked my ass too), hence my persistants in making the fork fit the bigger frame. (ive got pics of it somewhere... :? )

but imho its a great upgrade, im a big fan of a straight blade fork, i feel it vastly improves the handling of a rigid bike... :) but really i just tried to re-create the race bike used, from my memories really.

the cost, to refinish, its all down to how far you wanna take it really, and how much imput you can give to it to keep the cost to a minimum.

difficulties in getting the original neon orange paints have gone up wholesale price to just over £50 a litre... :cry: decals arent expensive, its then just the choice of whether you glaze it or not, theres a lot of wastage and the cost is high to buy it imho, but i think glazing it really helps with the wear issues, and how long it will last, ( I just wish i could capture the neon in a picture properly, my pics really dont show how retna burning the orange really is).... :cool:

Back