88 Trekker XT

Ha ha, yes!! I think I will get this blue one re done in yellow to match the others.

Hows your back? Are you going to make it to Haldon??

Back is on the mend I hope. Will try a ride this week (short) see how it goes.

But hoping to make Haldon for sure. Might take the zaskar (sacrilage - no sarcen!)

Cool! I'm using SPD's now!!! How brave?? They are great for hillclimbing, my ridign has improved I think but I'm still wary of them, I set them very loose!!

Right, I went to the see the sprayer bloke and we cant match the original colour using his colour charts. I could send off a reflector bracket for scanning and matching but then I have to buy 5L of paint at about £80 and thats enough for 30 odd bikes so a bit of a waste of paint let alone money.

SO I think I might have to go for a new colour that is something close to the greenish colour that my original trekker was. Its impossible to get a match from the 3 photos of it that I have so I will have to guess.

Unless anyone has any suggestions?

Been to another paint place and still cant match the blue, so its going to be green. Its hard to tell from the photos of my old bike the exact colour but looking at the photos, the colour charts and then just going with what he happens to have in stock (cheaper than ordering especially) its going to be this green, also called "Irish Green".

Attachments

• irish green.jpg
    irish green.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 778
rupeww":3k090hb9 said:
Been to another paint place and still cant match the blue, so its going to be green. Its hard to tell from the photos of my old bike the exact colour but looking at the photos, the colour charts and then just going with what he happens to have in stock (cheaper than ordering especially) its going to be this green, also called "Irish Green".

That's a sympathetic colour, good choice.

Had a quick look and yes it is similar. Its also similar to lots of other blues aswell, rizzla blue was one suggestion. But porche can make up their own colours, if you want powdercoating then you have a limited pallet of clours, unless you want a bespoke one made up which is possible but expensive.

So, its been a while!!!

I did say "no rush" to the guys doing the powdercoat and the graphics as I was unlikely to get any work done on bikes in the middle of winter, but spring is not far off now so time to get on with it!

Picked up the frame last week from Graphic shack. We had to allow for a bit of artistic license with the decals, the original yellow fade was not goign to work even though we tried various methods. Printing it on clear vinyl was never going to work and tryign to match the green just didnt look right, so we went for a blue background and solid yellow stripes. All looks good to me, as long as its not next to another trekker with the original decals still on it will be fine!

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 626
Back