Can anyone help...

mattbrown

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Can anyone give me a few ideas of a bmx that has twin top tube, that is part of the rear stays might be, i dont have any photos, as i have long since got rid of it, and i found it and it was resprayed, just wondering what it have might have been

Ammaco Koolstyler was the most common (due to being cheapest probably) of the twin top tube into seat stay design, Also used by Torker (who claim to have invented it), Kuwahara (with a matching twin down tube!) and many others, without some unique feature it is unlikely you will ever ID it.

Some of this info might help identify:
Torker 280 has a Gusset with an oval hole, others have a round hole between the top tubes & the downtube, the standard Torker didn't.
The Haro's have a Gusset under the downtube, and are very similar to the Torker, as early one's were made by Torker (apparently Bob Haro worked for Torker before going it alone)
The Ammaco's sometimes had a hole with a line through it (cut outs) on the rear dropouts & between the toptubes.
DP Firebird had a larger plate around the seatpost joining the toptubes & seatstays with the seatpost tube, and no gusset.
But as before mentioned there were alot out there back in the day, best thing would to see if you can find a similar on http://www.bmxmuseum.com/
Good luck!
Here's some pic's of my Torker 280, so you can see if yours is similar.

Attachments

• Torker 280 005.jpg
    Torker 280 005.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 559
  • Torker 280 006.jpg
    Torker 280 006.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 559
  • Torker 280 008.jpg
    Torker 280 008.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 559
Back