Grove Innovations AMP full suspension - inching along now

You could always try Pace in the uk as they had some 1" steerers and the collars that fitted them to 11/8 holes. That might make the AMP option more viable as this was their solution as well. At least, that's what's on my 1" steerer. :shock:

I will definitely be following this thread closely! We'll have to do parallel Grove build threads, hope I have one here soon.

That's lovely :)

Don't forget to contact Brion again to get a bundle of spare bushes/bearings/pivots for the back end though ;)

I'm dreaming of the day when I own an AMP B2 (twin down tube)... For now I'll just settle for watching this build come along :cool:

mkozaczek":7ek0znpn said:
I will definitely be following this thread closely! We'll have to do parallel Grove build threads, hope I have one here soon.
Your frame should be ready soon, right?

Barneyballbags":r3fke63w said:
That's lovely :)

Don't forget to contact Brion again to get a bundle of spare bushes/bearings/pivots for the back end though ;)

I'm dreaming of the day when I own an AMP B2 (twin down tube)... For now I'll just settle for watching this build come along :cool:
I already have a full set. :)

The AMPs come up for sale from time to time and they don't usually sell for to much. Keep an eye out and I'm sure you'll find one.

mfh126":px9qlo6u said:
The AMPs come up for sale from time to time and they don't usually sell for to much. Keep an eye out and I'm sure you'll find one.

I've seen a couple come up for sale - unfortunately it's always been when I've been skint, or just after I've bought another bike/frame. :roll:

I fully expect this to happen again in the next week or so, as I've just spent my money on a Zaskar LE frame!

It's been months since I've posted an update, so I figure one is overdue!

I just got the AMP F2 forks back from Brion at AMP Research. They did a full rebuild for me and added a canti cable hanger. I'm glad I sent it in because he said it looked like the forks took some very hard hits, enough to damage the damper and require some other parts to be replaced. They turned out great:

IMAG0729.jpg

I also found a great wheelset. Mavic 217 rims laced to Hershey hubs. The black nipples go perfectly with the black and silver theme I'm after.

HersheyWheels1.jpg

HersheyWheels3.jpg

HersheyWheels2.jpg

HersheyWheels4.jpg

A fellow Retrobiker is holding onto everything for me while I clear some space in my garage. I hope to get building very soon! :cool:

Re: Grove Innovations AMP full suspension - on with the buil

It's been a while, but it's finally time to start building!

ED043E3B-12CE-4CF6-BE6B-F929D3631A18-3897-00000232C0F6494D_zpsc4229183.jpg

Back