Lava lamp
Memory stick
Ping pong
Rollerbalades
Stanley knife
Tarmac

you forgot portakabin.

+ JCB.

So, if one were to simply add the words "like" or "similar to" before the word(s) 3DV or 3-D Violet or 3 dimensional violet/lavender, then you would be okay with that?

Also, question I've always had about NOS:
I know a store I liked to shop at, back in the mid-90's, REI, had a liberal return policy; many of my friends and I, would buy parts, install them, not like them, returned them (installed but unused for its intended purpose, otherwise- ohoh, is that even possible), then these items many times would be re-sold, in the their original boxes, not as opened box items.

Flash forward some 15 years later, and someone stumbles upon a crate of boxes from a store like REI, and my returned part is in the box, in its original box, is that item no longer NOS, and how would the owner know this? Also, can something pass for NOS, thought it might not be, and is there something wrong with the seller stating that?

These questions do not keep me up at night, but nevertheless, they do come to mind, from time to time.

In many respects I’d like to see New dropped from NOS as in my mind its and bit of an oxymoron. OS (Old stock) sounds far more inclusive of the parts lurking in the back of a shop.

Taking this further if Average Retro Joe purchases an item and keeps it unused on a self for 20 years is the term NOS applicable if they sell? In my mind Stock is hardly a fitting way to describe the parts we’ve not used and thrown in a box years ago and have decide to cash in on so we can get something we “really” need…

So if N and S are subjective then that leaves us with Old which is pretty worthless by itself although very inclusive.

Anyway I’m not sure where I’m going with this but it’s definitely a worthy topic for 1st Annual Retrobike Talk Bikes Over Beers (ReTBOB – acronym needs work I know) event ;)

andrewl":31z4i7lm said:
In many respects I’d like to see New dropped from NOS as in my mind its and bit of an oxymoron. OS (Old stock) sounds far more inclusive of the parts lurking in the back of a shop.

Taking this further if Average Retro Joe purchases an item and keeps it unused on a self for 20 years is the term NOS applicable if they sell? In my mind Stock is hardly a fitting way to describe the parts we’ve not used and thrown in a box years ago and have decide to cash in on so we can get something we “really” need…

So if N and S are subjective then that leaves us with Old which is pretty worthless by itself although very inclusive.

Anyway I’m not sure where I’m going with this but it’s definitely a worthy topic for 1st Annual Retrobike Talk Bikes Over Beers (ReTBOB – acronym needs work I know) event ;)

hear hear!

More importantly Tom I like to know what name you are using for the shade of pink in your
rank_karmaking.gif
banner?

Amaranth, Apricot, Carmine, Carnation, Cerise, Coral, Fandango, Fuchsia, Lavender, Magenta, Peach, Rose, Salmon, Shocking, Ultra or 3D Pink perhaps...?

drystonepaul":2f75bkns said:
More importantly Tom I like to know what name you are using for the shade of pink in your
rank_karmaking.gif
banner?

Amaranth, Apricot, Carmine, Carnation, Cerise, Coral, Fandango, Fuchsia, Lavender, Magenta, Peach, Rose, Salmon, Shocking, Ultra or 3D Pink perhaps...?

Paul:

Don't be soft lad, I wouldn't have a fookin' clue - I'm about as colour blind as it's possible to get...

BB

Back