Any experience of Chris King BB's ???

the great roberto

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
As it says ?
We all know/love/can't really afford his headsets, but I can't find much on his BB's.
And there are none/few for sale on Ebay.Is that because they are good ?

I've ground my way through a few shimano SLX/XT ones and just want one that I don't have to change every 6 months. My mate's Hope ceramic has done two years worth of grot and the king is the same sort of money.........So views please

You're talking about the hollowtech ones, right?

CK also sells a grease injector for lubricating their BBs. Apparently you're supposed to use that every 6 months, which to me is an indication that these BBs are built to last. The 5-year warranty is another indication.

They'll still require more maintenance than an old-fashioned square BB tho, but that's a sign of the times, I guess. For every 20 hours I ride my 2011 bike, it needs about an hour's worth of maintenance just to keep it in tune. My 1993 bike on the other hand is always ready to rumble.

Note that CK mention that the frame needs to be faced before you install the BB, but then again that's the case for any hollowtech BB.

I've ran one for about 4 months, all good, but not long enough to tell. Just bought another for 2nd bike. Hopefully should get the tool for Christmas.
Previously I ran phil wood bearings in normal cups for nearly 3yrs. About £40 from sideways cycles

been rocking one for a few months now really smooth dont creak and will proberly last for years with the quality of it :cool:

Re: BB

the great roberto":21gaf2iq said:
Sort of no surprises here.All good news on the CK front.

Does a regular shimano/park HT2 tool fit the CK BB ?

Yes yes it does ;)

Next answer is no i don't wear lady's under wear :shock:

BB

Still chewing it over............

It's either a CK BB or a Hope ceramic one. Both the same sort of price.

Intresting that Hope have replaceable bearings and CK allow you to re-grease. Not sure what that tells you.

Hope use INA to supply their bearings.And allow/require you to replace them ( Headsets and BB's). But/And CK have such faith in their bearings that all that is required is a regular re-grease.But ultimately,knackered bearings means a new headset with CK.................

Just regressed my 10yr old headset for the 1st time last week as it was a bit notchy. It's very very smooth once again :LOL:

Back