Damaged dustcap XTR M965 wheel

DayWalker

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
This weekend i was servicing my XTR M965 wheelset with new grease.
But i really mest it up.
With disassembling the parts out of the hub i removed the dustcap with a screwdriver that was in the hub.
But now that dustcap is bend and doesn't fit anymore in the hub.
Today i called with Shimano, but unfortunately the caps are not spare-parts.

Does anyone know where i can get a pair of these caps?

Thanx.

xtr1.jpg

xtr2r.jpg

xtr3n.jpg

Not really retro, but i'll have alook around and see if we have any.

I've actually left them out before.

Have you tried SJS Cyles? They do all sorts of wonderful bits and bobs like this. I found a set of cones for a pair of LX M550 hubs through them.

You could always try putting them on top of a socket bit and then another socket bit on top to flatten them a bit. Not sure about the edges though unless you can find a tight fitting socket.

I don't see why you can't get those back in shape if you are careful and use some 'drifts' to tap it back back in shape etc, and you should be able to get it "good enough".

Are they part '5' on the diagram? I can't see that outer edge not being totally spherical being a problem to be utterly honest. Just be gentle and tap it back into shape.

Scougar":wzuf4b77 said:
I don't see why you can't get those back in shape if you are careful and use some 'drifts' to tap it back back in shape etc, and you should be able to get it "good enough".

Are they part '5' on the diagram? I can't see that outer edge not being totally spherical being a problem to be utterly honest. Just be gentle and tap it back into shape.
This weekend i did get the caps back in shape with some tools and patience, and they fit well again.
Yesterday i did a short trip (28 km) and they roll smooth and fast again.

Thanks all for your help and ideas. :D

Back