Intense Tazer FS 1999 – Finished!!!! Pics on page 5

After experimenting with times (started with 30 seconds...) I found between 5-10 minutes gave the oven cleaner enough time to really start working. Then I took a cotton rag and scrubbed pretty hard. This didn't effect it so much, but I did notice a slight change, made the finish more matt if anything.

Did a few treatments - in the beginning there were a lot of white spots, which mostly disappeared after further coatings.

The end result is a matt, mottled and uneven finish, which in my experience looks very similar to the Intense Raw. And I love it! :D :cool:

Attachments

• Tazer_raw1.jpg
    Tazer_raw1.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,504
  • Tazer_raw2.jpg
    Tazer_raw2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,504
LeeDevelopment":36748t6z said:
Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! :cool:
:LOL:

Now that I’m happy with the main frame I decided that the rear needed looking at again. My plans for the pink/blue build were to keep the rear in its original metallic silver, but I don't think that would work with the new raw finish. So with a slight sense of regret (it was in great nick) that’s now getting stripped, followed of course by oven cleaner...... :twisted: ;)

Attachments

• paint.jpg
    paint.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,452
What sort of build, colours are you looking at? I'd be sorely tempted to get a brightly coloured headset with colour-matched seat collar, crank spider and hubs but everything else in either black or silver.

You've just about hit the nail on the head there Lee! :D Got a blue King headset and a collection of fairly neutral parts waiting...

My original plan was to build a full-on 'factory' ride covered in stickers and oozing in bad taste, think H-Ball and Palmer...

Thankfully that plan was derailed by deciding on the raw finish, and then I got further inspired by this 951 frame on ebay.de (still there I believe). So I changed the decal sheet that I'd designed for Gil The Almighty from a riot of colour to this subtle black and white set. They look super nice, can't wait to get them on the frame! :D

Old-school meets new-school! :cool:

Attachments

• Decals.jpg
    Decals.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,350
  • 951.png
    951.png
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,350
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
So, I'd got the stays stripped and treated, went to mount them and...... Noooooooo!! :evil:

The stays are from a later model, and I've now found out that the BB pivot on them has a larger bolt, making mounting the chainstay more or less impossible on this first generation frame. Next time I'll check this before starting a project :LOL: Luckily the original chainstay was crack free, but it needed a damn good clean up, which delayed things somewhat.

I also stripped the peeling paint from the rusty spring with views on a repaint. But found that the bare, part-rusty finish suited the raw frame so that's getting left unpainted to patina (ok, rust) naturally.

It feels great to finally have her built, here she is waiting for decals.... :D

Attachments

• Tazerraw.jpg
    Tazerraw.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,237
Back