How much is my BMX worth thread?

Price for a 99 dyno slammer?

Got a dyno slammer im after finding a rough figure for its all original n in real good condition. . . Help pls :)

Hi there,

Got my one owner used and abused chrome burner gathering dust/rust in my garage. I guess it's prob not worth much to the scrap man but I was told a while back the Mags are quite obscure as they were made by "Acorn" I think!?!

Is this anything anyone might be interested in????

bmx1.jpg

A rare one

How about a DP Mini Firebird Freestyler? It's the 20" version, stunning little thing in great condition.

dpmini9.jpg

Any opinions on value before I stick it on eBay?

GBDave":26vzuzrg said:
Hi there,

Got my one owner used and abused chrome burner gathering dust/rust in my garage. I guess it's prob not worth much to the scrap man but I was told a while back the Mags are quite obscure as they were made by "Acorn" I think!?!

bmx1.jpg

There seem to be more Burners turning up with the word of OLD BMX
yours is a MK 1 - maybe super or super tuff - looks like all the gold has been taken off in most place's - Acorn mags are ok but with us lot being bigger and heavier since we were kids :LOL: there not to strong for us now - they need a clean and bleach and maybe a polish
Most other bits will be worn out and need replacing

so for price ?
£40 + but putting it on ebay may get more but it just depends on the day

cheers B ;)

Re: A rare one

fatboymal":2x9wmsm4 said:
How about a DP Mini Firebird Freestyler? It's the 20" version, stunning little thing in great condition.

dpmini9.jpg

Any opinions on value before I stick it on eBay?

A very nice looking mini DP there ;)

if your going to chuck it on ebay - then you have some sort of idea of what it is worth or what it could go past

on a item like this, it is only ebay that will tell what the price will be

sorry i can't say what i think it's worth as i may be very wrong ;)

cheers B ;)

Re: A rare one

BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN":37ugtyo9 said:
A very nice looking mini DP there ;)

if your going to chuck it on ebay - then you have some sort of idea of what it is worth or what it could go past

on a item like this, it is only ebay that will tell what the price will be

sorry i can't say what i think it's worth as i may be very wrong ;)

cheers B ;)

Thanks B, it's a tricky one isn't it? They only made a few and this one is close to perfect, but anytime I'ved asked for offers in the past they've not really gone much above a good normal DP. As you say, probably only eBay will show it's value. Cheers :)

People like the DP's and back in the day it was a lesser frame that was cheaper but well liked

offers will always be lest than you want, as every one wants a good bargain

you also have to remember that it is a mini and peeps will only build it up and not let there young uns ride it

ebay may surprise you but some times it lets you down

put a price that you want and see if there is any takers out there first maybe - then start off at 99p and see how high it goes - it a game that can work and yet some times be so cruel

sorry it's a had one to say - you can always pm me and let me know what you have in mind - that way it might not scare peeps off ;)

cheers B ;)

BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN":3d49nzwp said:
GBDave":3d49nzwp said:
Hi there,

bmx1.jpg

There seem to be more Burners turning up with the word of OLD BMX
yours is a MK 1 - maybe super or super tuff - looks like all the gold has been taken off in most place's - Acorn mags are ok but with us lot being bigger and heavier since we were kids :LOL: there not to strong for us now - they need a clean and bleach and maybe a polish
Most other bits will be worn out and need replacing

so for price ?
£40 + but putting it on ebay may get more but it just depends on the day

cheers B ;)

Thanks Mr Bendycat :)

It is Deffo a Chrome Burner though as I remember getting it when Brand New from Trents in Reading! I even remember getting them to swap the Black with gold writing toptube and handlebar pads for the limited edition Black and white chequered ones!! Shame I dont have them anymore eh!

The gold you're probably seeing is more likely to be rust or dirt I'm afraid as it way past it's best with a siezed seatpost, wonkey saddle and shot headset nowerdays!!

I may well stick it on eBay as it's just clogging up my garage now. It's deffo had a good innings though with me!! ;) :cool:

Thanx again for the reply!

Also, are they any good, I have heard they are heavy but does this affect it as a rider, I won't be going on ramps.

Back