Gazelle Champion Mondial in Amstel Beer Red

Have had the bike finished for a while now, but was waiting to take some better photos before posting. Haven't got there yet so here is a couple of the finished bike.

Happy with the finished product and the bike rides great. Don't even mind the friction shifting :) Am looking to make a few changes though. Not all that happy with the Exage levers. The hoods are smaller that what I am used to (SRAM Rival) and I don't really like the lever action. I have a set of Shimano 600 levers that match the rest of the groupset, but the hoods on them are no bigger. Considering going for a set of SRAM S500 Brake Levers (maybe with white hoods) or even Cane Creek SCR5's. Anyone had experience with these?

Also need to get new brake pads and get the seat back a bit further. I can't quite get the Regal back far enough for my normal position, so may need to go with a saddle with a bit more room for adjustment. Don't really want to have to go with another seatpost as I really like the Shimano 600 aero post and I'm guessing others will not have any more setback anyway.

IMGP5496.JPG

IMG_0067.JPG
[/img]

I had the same frame, but without the chrome, superb ride and handled like a dream which is a characteristic of Gazelles :cool:

Back