Ben Nevis circuit - 26th November - Brrrrrrr

The Ken":2gxfpgs4 said:
Spare clothes - Extra Fleece, Extra Shorts, Waterproof Troosers.
You've got me slightly worried - I'm planning on going all minimalist with my tiny Camelbak - Lunch, tin-foil blanky, waterproof jacket - and possibly spare socks, gloves and maybe shorts. Will be wearing lycra leggings, since even when wet my legs seem to stay warm.

Unlikely - from memory the "path" here is more like a roadside ditch :LOL: Not bikeable I wouldn't have thought.

The Ken":1mp1iwpu said:
Feel free to laugh at my naivety but if the weather was bad on the day could we not make the route shorter by "simply" riding up glen nevis and out the the back to join the river near the top where the path is on the other side?

If your memories are as old as your maps it could be a 4 lane motorway by now :)

I'll be packing for winter and deciding on the day what to take, fleece and shorts won't weigh much and will still leave room in the bag if I need to take layers off.

Do I need to bring "The Rope" ?

Sorry lads but I'm pulling out of our highland adventure.
My ME is playing up, I've not had a decent nights sleep in a week result I'm physically and mentally shattered. My workload is high at work at the moment and it is physically and mentally demanding with 10 hour days and the darkness of winter is messing with my mild depression.
On top of all that, my girlfriend of 3 plus months has just dumped me :(
All in all I am not physically or mentally capable of a long tough day in the back end of naewhere. I do not want to make myself worse baring in mind I have another very hard weeks work next week.

Sorry :(

Ach Velo, that ME is a pisser, see how you feel at the end of the week you can leave it late as if you like, be off sick on monday as you will be.

And a bike ride will sort out your feelings on the female front, as will a ham shandy but do that before you meet up with us.

velomaniac":2728tq8p said:
Sorry lads but I'm pulling out of our highland adventure.
My ME is playing up, I've not had a decent nights sleep in a week result I'm physically and mentally shattered. My workload is high at work at the moment and it is physically and mentally demanding with 10 hour days and the darkness of winter is messing with my mild depression.
On top of all that, my girlfriend of 3 plus months has just dumped me :(
All in all I am not physically or mentally capable of a long tough day in the back end of naewhere. I do not want to make myself worse baring in mind I have another very hard weeks work next week.

Sorry :(

That's a bummer Velo - can you not just come up for the trip? There's plenty easy stuff to do from the bunkhouse if you want, eg up the Caledonian Canal path for a bit, over tp Loch Arkaig etc - nice areas. You can take the pi$$ out of us on saturday evening when we get in around 10pm :?

Surely sharing a car with ZZ canny really be that bad :p

Back