Stop it you annoying buggers!

as a fellow pedant (although not on this subject), i can understand your frustration BUT please go full circle. your car must never be described as red, blue, white or whatever. you must now and forever use the term they gave it in the brochure... I saw a peugeot 307 this very morning in a hue that was almost identical to my 16 week old sons nappy contents and i rightly called it a 'toby shit green peugeot'. some others may just call it green, puke or bile but the definition in the brochure is probably some bollocks like 'dawn meadow'

for the sake of calling a spade a shovel just let it go for the good of your health! I'm off to electrolux the carpet in the front room with my 3dv vacuum cleaner! ;)

jax13":3sanpb03 said:
as a fellow pedant (although not on this subject), i can understand your frustration BUT please go full circle. your car must never be described as red, blue, white or whatever. you must now and forever use the term they gave it in the brochure...

Why would you presume I don't already do that...?

:LOL:

BoyBurning":1io53vri said:
jax13":1io53vri said:
as a fellow pedant (although not on this subject), i can understand your frustration BUT please go full circle. your car must never be described as red, blue, white or whatever. you must now and forever use the term they gave it in the brochure...

the wild stab in the dark assumption that your not in an austin allegro owners club!

I find the regular (mis)use of NOS equally annoying especially in context of "NOS fitted and removed but never ridden". WTF? :evil:

BoyBurning":a0pz9j46 said:
jax13":a0pz9j46 said:

I found out to my cost that this is sometimes a bad idea.

My 'Havest Gold' MGB GT described as Dysentry Beige in the ebay ad I tried to sell it in. Anyone for a 'brown classic' :LOL:

flibble":1qpnumdk said:
BoyBurning":1qpnumdk said:
jax13":1qpnumdk said:

I found out to my cost that this is sometimes a bad idea.

My 'Havest Gold' MGB GT described as Dysentry Beige in the ebay ad I tried to sell it in. Anyone for a 'brown classic' :LOL:

if its a runner & if its got the full length webasto sunroof i'd be interested!! i'm after another classic

Is 2DV faded 3DV then?

Very faded being abbreviated to just DV.

No more trace of purple meaning it's just Ringlè?

Have I got it right now or do I need some of those pills?

Aspirin
Cellophane
Dry ice
Petrol.
Thermos
Yo-Yo
Biro
Astroturf
Armco
Bubble wrap
Chapstick
Coke