Cree lights for sale in Aldi

It would appear to be the same as this eBay one but without the extension piece to take a single 18650 cell,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110763728575? ... 1423.l2649

The ad says single 18650 or 3 AAA's. There's other eBay ads that show the holder for the AAA's which is the same as the ones for the "bargain" eBay lights. So with the eBay one you get the option of 18650's or AAA's and they are cheaper.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
mikee":22zk93id said:
never mind that
if you look into the emitter then switch it on , how long before you can see properly again?

I'll tell ya when I get my sight back :shock: :LOL:

They take 3XAAA batts and seem quite well made for the money, Better than the Tesco's special I had before.

Will test batt life tonite :roll:

I'm guessing slightly over 1 hour on 3 AAA alkalines.

3 AAA = 1000 mah / 4.5v. Assuming something like an Xr-e LED, you're looking at 200-230lm at 1000ma / 3.7v.

But then again i know nothing about this stuff.

Not a very scientific test but... Full power 90 minutes with old cheap rechargeable batts, not sure if the batts were fully charged.

Would be advisable to carry a spare set of batts if your out riding, as they don't take up much space.

The light is a useful spot and flood with good range well worth the money to me.

kaya":2xkkaokc said:
mikee":2xkkaokc said:
never mind that
if you look into the emitter then switch it on , how long before you can see properly again?

I'll tell ya when I get my sight back :shock: :LOL:

Will test batt life tonite :roll:

thats the gary macleod "f*ck me thats bright " test
the little 375 lumen ones were "about breakfast and 10 minutes or so"
the 900 lumen ones were "most of the day"
i wish he'd timed it properly :LOL:

just picked one of these up , not bad
will go out in the proper dark later for a better test
the beam focus bit looks good tho

mikee":12a0bgbo said:
just picked one of these up , not bad
will go out in the proper dark later for a better test
the beam focus bit looks good tho

Ive had a play with mine to nite and am impressed, if theres any left when I go shoppin on Thursday I'm havin another one.

Have you tryed the "gary macleod" test yet :LOL:

no ,but i'll see if he'll give it a go tomorrow

not a bad little light ,fits the bar mount that came with the other ones i bought
the focusable lens is a cool touch with a good spread on the wide beam
makes an ideal helmet mounted light

Back