SDW 2012 Now with date added! p5

not exactly camping weather mind, could stick a pin in that idea until the summer months ..

how physically demanding is it likely to be ? , i'm a fairly heavy smoker but i do play competetive football on sundays and train once a week and cycle between 2- 4 miles a day . am i likely to be a hinderance or hero ?

offroadjim":1jzsgjre said:
not exactly camping weather mind, could stick a pin in that idea until the summer months ..

how physically demanding is it likely to be ? , i'm a fairly heavy smoker but i do play competetive football on sundays and train once a week and cycle between 2- 4 miles a day . am i likely to be a hinderance or hero ?

Hi Jim,

This is the gradient profile http://www.bikedowns.co.uk/Profile%20All.htm :shock:

It's not going to be a race, and i'm a moderate smoker (with a very strong will to give up). What you have to ask yourself is- Can I ride 50 miles two days running with a lot of stiff climbs? If not, get riding your bike more. Can you commute by bike? I'm doing 30 miles a day (7days a week for the last 5 weeks, but thats another story) and i'm at the same weight I was when I was racing 14 years ago. I say go for it!

Marcus

well quite possibly, i ran a 10 k race about 6 weeks ago with no training what so ever, nearly killed me but i finished without stopping :)

i need to get get doing some training i guess offroad, i am ment to be offroad jim and need to start living up to my name :)

offroadjim":1altpiyy said:
well quite possibly, i ran a 10 k race about 6 weeks ago with no training what so ever, nearly killed me but i finished without stopping :)

i need to get get doing some training i guess offroad, i am ment to be offroad jim and need to start living up to my name :)

You hit the nail on the head there Jim. You need to ENJOY IT! :LOL:

Do a long ride and see how you feel. How about this http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=175063?

This is something I've been wanting to give a go for a while aswell, I can provide a bike workshop/storage for the night which you could even kip in if needed in Amberley I'll prob nip home and be back in morning. Will keep an eye on the post after Christmas and we can go from there. I'll get the first beer in the Jon as will def be on "modern shit"

Chris

Back