1991 Klein Attitude XT Dolomite

Coleman

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Spent most of the time I've been on here convincing myself that I didn't want one of these, but I failed. Just something about them that I like.

It's a 1991 in 19" flavour.

Not done much to it, tyres, short cage rear mech and a nice plain black Turbo. Love the chunkiness of the Fisher 2.2s :D

It's in really good condition, I think it's had a fairly easy life, certainly it is very original still having the full XT group set and Campag rims with plenty of life left in them.

I am now the third owner, the bike originated in a small town call Truckee just north of Sacramento in Northern California before going out to Hawaii and then to the much less glamorous Gloucester UK!

The frame is in very good condition and the paint is generally good but the pink has faded a bit, looks like too much sun and maybe too much T-Cut? Its got a few chips/rubs to the paint, the worst being over the 'Attitude' decal on the drive side but without looking too close I reckon its nice one, at least I won't have to worry about scratching it!!

The seatpost is inserted below the top tube/stays but even so I have a loooooong seat post that'll be used for riding as I don't want to crack it.

Looking forward to trying it at FoD on Saturday :D

Some pics;

dsc0731bb.jpg

dsc0734w.jpg

dsc0735e.jpg

dsc0736f.jpg

dsc0737v.jpg

dsc0738i.jpg

dsc0739v.jpg

dsc0741c.jpg

dsc0742e.jpg

dsc0743l.jpg

Adrian that is bloody lovely !!! :cool:

I cannot wait to see that in the flesh I tell you, Fancy swapping for an Xizang? :LOL:

Thats Awesome mate :cool: are you finding a nice mint XT seatpost :D

Yours is one of the best ive seen in this colour for some time :cool:

poweredbypies":auz6l8p7 said:
Tidy enough to still be dead nice, but tatty enough to use it properly. :cool:

Yep - thats how I like 'em :D

racer x":auz6l8p7 said:
Thats Awesome mate :cool: are you finding a nice mint XT seatpost :D

Yours is one of the best ive seen in this colour for some time :cool:

Thanks! I will probably look out for a nice seat post but they look like this very quickly - also I don't have to worry about rubbing this one!!!!

Dave - I would swap it for the Xizang but last time I saw it it had a flat tyre and that puts me off. Swap it for a carbon LTS? ;)

If ever I brought another Klein, thats the flavour for me, loved it when they were new, love it now, looks stunning.Great find ,look forward to seeing it :cool:

Back