88 Trekker XT

rupeww

Retrobike Rider
So here we have a slighlty different trekker, its the 88 frame but built up with XT components and, interestingly, cantilever front brake instead of the usual double U brake found on this model.

I have been after one of these for a while! I have posted pictures of my old trekker XT from BITD on here before and now I have another! Shame this is a 21inch, 19's seem impossible to find.

The condition of the paintwork is not good, so unlike my UU trekker which only need cleaning up, this one is going for the full respray.

Attachments

• i.jpg
    i.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 2,601
  • k.jpg
    k.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 2,601
I went for a quick spin and the middle ring is no good but all the bearings feel ok.

Black XT cranks with one key release bolts! Nice.

Attachments

• e.jpg
    e.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 2,598
more pics

Attachments

• f.jpg
    f.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 2,595
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 2,595
  • h.jpg
    h.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 2,595
All stripped down ok, headset is good so will re use that, and also the BB came out easily so might aswell re use that too.

Will take it to the painters tomorrow to get the colour matched, but might also see if he can match the green colour from old photos of my original XT.

Then I need to get the decals copied before the frame gets stripped.

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 2,589
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 2,587
Is this the one from ebay? Was looking at this myself but have something roadie coming instead. I had, for a short while, the double U version in this colour too.

Looking forward to seeing it finished

And my original trekker in 1989, this was a green colour but its not going to be easy to match it from photos so might have to stick with the blue.

Attachments

• bike 1 small.jpg
    bike 1 small.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 2,583
  • bike 2 small.jpg
    bike 2 small.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 2,583
legrandefromage":1zyim3d4 said:
Is this the one from ebay? Was looking at this myself but have something roadie coming instead. I had, for a short while, the double U version in this colour too.

Looking forward to seeing it finished

Yes, it was on e bay last week or the week before, collection only but I have a mate who lives 10 miles away. It fetched a good price in the end, but apart from the paintwork and middle ring its actually in good condition.

I still have the double UU brake one aswell, they will make a good pair!

PARTS NEEDED.

I will need an original saddle if anyone has one? And some 7 speed XT thumbies. (would swap the 6 speed ones for 7's)

Still need 38T middle rings in black alloy, for this and my UU trekker.

UP for grabs...

The 6 speed thumbies will be available, and the U brake if anyone wants them I have a price in mind! (I have a NOS XT U brake which will look better on this once its repainted)

Back