Crank Brothers Headsets

Whatleymeister

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
whats peoples opinions on these, then? I have another situation that finds me needing a slim stack height and found one with a 21mm stack (!). If its compatible with my 95 lave dome then I can get away with running the forks I have bought.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=24985

5 year warranty though, which is nice.

Edit - also, is 5mm too much for the compression gap between the top of the steerer and the top of a stem...? Assuming the top bolt on the stem isnt above the steerer, should be ok, right?

I ordered one, different model with the blue detailing to suit my build, plus a set of matching wheel and seat QR's that are 50some% off too. Just arrived so no feedback yet, but a good deal.

Enjoy!!

I have ordered one of their Sage Models - took the view that it was hard to go wrong at that price and a 5 year warranty...

Bullpup":2p1f8fg3 said:
took the view that it was hard to go wrong at that price and a 5 year warranty...

Totally agree with you there. CRC have then at £20 at the moment too.

suburbanreuben":2p1f8fg3 said:
The stainless steel ones are fine.
The painted ones go rusty...

Funny you should say that. I have been having a hunt for any reviews for them and one of them happened to have what you have said, but the other way round!

Whatleymeister":2cas9tf3 said:
Edit - also, is 5mm too much for the compression gap between the top of the steerer and the top of a stem...? Assuming the top bolt on the stem isnt above the steerer, should be ok, right?

5mm is fine if as you said the top of the steerer is above the top stem pinch bolt.

mine exploderised within a week of fitting. Bottom cup actually cracked and split 90% of the way round.

wouldn't use one again but of course mine might have been a freak.

amedias":21jml198 said:
mine exploderised within a week of fitting. Bottom cup actually cracked and split 90% of the way round.

wouldn't use one again but of course mine might have been a freak.

I did wonder if it was these that i heard bad news about. Think it is.

Back