1987 dawes nomad now a cougar

I like these but the only thing stopping me from getting another one is that long wheelbase. You go through things rather than over and they can be a git to get going uphill.

Will nose around to see whats out there.

Good to see you out on the Dawes today Lee on the six dales ride, the power slide you did was impressive, the way you held on till the end probably saved a load of gravel rash :D :D :D :D

As slm and lgf say above^ its a bit of a handfull so its been reduced to parts
and all fitted on the new one a dawes cougar 531 in 19" its a bit tatty round the edges but its a lot smaller and lighter than its brother, with a bit of tlc it will be back to its former glory.
I dont know what relevance mike doyle is to this bike but he rode for pms dawes race team in the mid eighties???

Just after winning bikeoftheride at the turkey twizzler :cool:
IMAG1808.jpg

IMAG1740.jpg

Cool looking bikes, I love riding my '85 saracen.

This is cheecky but would you consider selling the 531 forks off of the nomad? I have just bent mine and those on the 500/531 frame look just the ticket!

:D

^ pm'd you,

I think its looking like a complete restoration, I will use it as is untill after xmas then its for the acid for frame stripping and then a fresh wet coat of blue. Ive already spoke to gil-m r.e the decals and thats sorted. I hate doing this to frames but sometimes it has to be done.
Look out for the re-birth in spring,

*update 8,8,12*
well its nearly the end of summer and im still riding it,
IMAG2307.jpg

IMAG2306.jpg

I have removed the stickers off this side so they can be copied correctly,
IMAG2300.jpg

IMAG2298.jpg

IMAG2299.jpg

Lee.

A bit of an update, recently had the frame and forks shot blasted and had all that nasty rust removed,

and managed to find a local painter so had to find the original reynolds decals, thought i would keep the same blue but slightly darker,

just need to get the cougar and doyle decals replicated and some vinyl in red and yellow to finish,,,
back soon.

Re:

Just getting the beast ready for the annual snowdon haunt,
I never did get round to restickering this because I love it as is, got to fettle the brakes and swap tyres and shes ready,,

Back