Stop it you annoying buggers!

BoyBurning":em6h20m9 said:
3DV IS NOT TO BE USED AS A GENERAL DESCRIPTION FOR PURPLE - IT IS ONLY APPLICABLE (WHERE RELEVANT) TO RINGLE.

I have to disagree.
Grafton & Ringle *

P.S. you only need your lobotomy when you start going to the trouble of typing Ringlé

* not sure if Action-Tec should be on that list or not.

Bob":1ifwappp said:
my hoovers a dyson

Your dyson would only be a hoover if it's made by the company 'Hoover' anything else is a vacuum cleaner :LOL:

In the pedantic spirit of this thread: the Dyson could never be a Hoover. Hoover have never made Dysons and vice versa. Dysons and Hoovers are non-overlapping subgroups within the Venn Diagram of vacuum cleaners.

Well, I did consider Grafton also, but no - only Grafton properly called their items 3DV.

No also to AT.

I have just slapped myself for not typing é however.

And again.

gerryattrick":6a3aeipk said:
So you wouldn't have been interested in these then!! :twisted: :twisted:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=174765

I don't understand your post.

It's not that I don't like the purple / lavender / whatever colour items - it's that I don't like it when non Ringlé made ones are referred to as 3DV.

Do you understand?

Queue a dozen more posts to purple items with the suggestion I don't like / wouldn't buy / collect / blah blah blah.

This is getting slightly painful, but to clarify once more that I am not passing judgement on the colour / shade in any way whatsoever - simply I don't like it when '3DV' is used to describe a part, in purple or similar, made by a company other than Ringlé

BB

But what if for instance someone decides to re-anodize a Ringlé hub and a Bullseye hub in the same purple colorway? What would that mess be called colourwise? ;) :roll: :LOL:

mikee":nw21f06z said:
@BB
are you and petemcc the same person?

In keeping with the spirit of abusing definitions, whilst myself flattered, I imagine Pete would not appreciate the association of a plebeian like myself with his good name.

BB

Back