1987 dawes nomad now a cougar

mrlee

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Just picked this up for winter ,always fancied something 80's with r531 forks on ,after trailing the bay for an early saracen etc, I came across this not too far away. its all original in reasonable condition except the rear gears were put into the wheel thus bending the hanger, with 500 mains and 531 forks its a bit of a lump but seems to ride really well, the brakes (at50) are just pretend brakes they dont actually do anything :shock:
I got it home and used alloy wheel cleaner to remove the rust and then a drenching in gunk too remove all the shyte just needs a t-cut and wax, new cable inners, and to completly re-set up the brakes.
It still has its original 2.125 tyres on but they will be saved for that day next year when the sun comes out, the same with the pannier (very heavy for alloy).
anyways I hope we get on as im falling for this bike in a big way,
IMAG1515.jpg

IMAG1527.jpg

IMAG1523.jpg

IMAG1524.jpg

IMAG1519.jpg

IMAG1516.jpg

IMAG1517.jpg

IMAG1526.jpg

IMAG1525.jpg

IMAG1531.jpg

cheers,
Lee

you know it makes sence lgf :cool: ive got everything from 6" freeride to ti xc and this gives me the biggest grin by far, I love A.T.B. especialy for £35
IMAG1542.jpg

Looking good Lee

Will have to bring the kili and some lights next time I'm down

So we can have an 80's nite :cool:

just a quick update its now running 15 gears thanks to my new stronglight crankset, new rear mech and front mech also fitted a full set of cables. Im realy enjoying this bike at the moment but I can see a nicer frame on the horizon perhaps 531?
IMAG1661.jpg

IMAG1662.jpg

IMAG1664.jpg

cheers for now,
Lee.

That's a great bike. I love the stem - really neat having the brake cable outer stop there instead of needing a dedicated cable stop hanger on the headset.

35 quid!!!! :shock:

Back