Hei Hei disguised as Explosif?

im still racing, and still racing a 1997 hei hei.... (theres a pic on here somewhere of it on part of the olympic course).I have raced on both the explosif and a hei hei, and even back then my preference was for the hei hei, maybe it was ooh look shiny titanium thing but it was just a frame i got on really well with, and still do. I still love the tiny extra bit of 'comfort' it gives, esp over a 2 hour plus race.

Id love to be able to race them both back to back but unfortunately most of the explosifs I knew of from 96/97 were scrapped because of rust. Thatll teach us for not cleaning them after the winters series races...

bigdawg":2wycwddj said:
im still racing, and still racing a 1997 hei hei....
Id love to be able to race them both back to back but unfortunately most of the explosifs I knew of from 96/97 were scrapped because of rust.

Ah well, you're still a young fella though ;)

Don't get me wrong - if I could find a late 90's Hei Hei the right size I'd have one like a shot - I've still got a '95 Columbus framed Explosif though and that did have a rare race outing a couple of months ago.

Andy R":1kc6emzu said:
bigdawg":1kc6emzu said:
im still racing, and still racing a 1997 hei hei....
Id love to be able to race them both back to back but unfortunately most of the explosifs I knew of from 96/97 were scrapped because of rust.

Ah well, you're still a young fella though :wink:

Don't get me wrong - if I could find a late 90's Hei Hei the right size I'd have one like a shot - I've still got a '95 Columbus framed Explosif though and that did have a rare race outing a couple of months ago.

:D Thats just made my day!!

although I dont think everyone would agree 43 is young... My kids dont :oops:

One reason for team riders' preferences could relate to the 2002 Rocky Mountain Element Team Scandium that I bought in 2003. I bought it off a (unknown to me) Rocky Mountain team rider, and the reason that she was selling it was that under her RM sponsorship she had a new frame to ride each season and got to keep the previous year's frame. If you get to keep the frame at the end of the season, you would prefer a ti frame to keep than a steel one. Only one reason out of many though, no doubt.

That's an interesting point Anthony.
I have replied to Joe's response and enquired if there are any other pictures available from 1996, apart from the one featured in the catalogue shown in your link.
Pip.

great find jim :cool:

worth watching the embeded video - it's in english - interesting interview with Dr. Dew about history of Kona and views from behind the scene. Dr. Dew hes great sense of humor and at the end of the vid. he tells us about the advantages of german girls :LOL:

one-eyed_jim":q2l7bpyk said:
So what do we make of this?

http://fotos.mtb-news.de/p/1004045

(from http://www.mtb-news.de/news/2011/11/18/ ... 9er-fully/ )

'97 cable routing, Columbus decal, welded "bullet" chainstay ends...

;)

Well done Jim,

That is a great find, and does shed some light onto what I was trying to discover.

The video with Dr. Dew is excellent - he is indeed a cool dude :cool:

Anthony seems to be quite correct with regards to their laid back attitude towards any work activities.

Pip.

magas":5zw8tdpj said:
great find jim :cool:

worth watching the embeded video - it's in english - interesting interview with Dr. Dew about history of Kona and views from behind the scene. Dr. Dew hes great sense of humor and at the end of the vid. he tells us about the advantages of german girls :LOL:

And the disadvantage of American girls :roll: ....they might need more practice :LOL: ....what i will do is start a list for volunteers..

1 Ernie
2. Magas

:LOL:

Ernie ;)

pipmeister":3q9k2mmc said:
one-eyed_jim":3q9k2mmc said:
So what do we make of this?

http://fotos.mtb-news.de/p/1004045

(from http://www.mtb-news.de/news/2011/11/18/ ... 9er-fully/ )

'97 cable routing, Columbus decal, welded "bullet" chainstay ends...

;)

Well done Jim,

That is a great find, and does shed some light onto what I was trying to discover.

The video with Dr. Dew is excellent - he is indeed a cool dude :cool:

Anthony seems to be quite correct with regards to their laid back attitude towards any work activities.

Pip.

+ 1 :cool: ..Topman Jim

Ernie ;)

Back