Im sorry but...

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I like 1998 onwards :oops:
Discs are my thing ,suspension, parts that work and work well through the years.
Pre 98 wasnt really my era,i wasn't really cycling then,its just i started on an old muddyfox but was able to appreciate a nice quality steel frame :? the clockwork was just a natural progression.
I didnt have money for top end bikes and i didnt really follow the crowd so wasnt immersed in the culture.

Thanks for opening 'other' doors :cool:

I will confess I'm mostly in the Dyna-Ti camp aswell though my budget was lower than his so V-brakes over Discs :roll:

Its weird, most of my bike collection sits between 85 and 95 but I started mtb in 95 and that is all you lots fault.......WELL DONE ;)

My very retro, bordering on vintage bikes sit proudly next to my very modern bikes and I love them all equally.

It is possible to appreciate the aesthetic and nostalgia of riding an older machine whilst at the same time being able to recognise the huge advances in technology/design that a modern bike offers.

Those that tout the idea that you must be either retro or modern are fools. And they're missing out on 50% of the fun.

Russell":3m4t16r8 said:
My very retro, bordering on vintage bikes sit proudly next to my very modern bikes and I love them all equally.

It is possible to appreciate the aesthetic and nostalgia of riding an older machine whilst at the same time being able to recognise the huge advances in technology/design that a modern bike offers.

Those that tout the idea that you must be either retro or modern are fools. And they're missing out on 50% of the fun.

Couldn't agree more.

Russell":3a9wafuc said:

Whilst a little harsh on the 'fools' statement...

+2

I've often been faced with this dilemma...
Now I like pre '98 but also I think post '98 is good too, but which is best ?
FIGHT !
My answer has been so far to do both hence the retromods I have so far produced. Pre '98 frames which IMHO are the best looking and evoke fond memories of when I used to look longingly at them in shop windows or magazines and think one day ... and then fit modern brakes, carbon bits, wheels etc to make them work better. Definitely not the purist route and I have to admit now I've been here for a bit I feel the need to create something authentic but it ticks both boxes and has got me back into riding.
Thanks Retrobike ! :cool:

You can like classic car's but it doesn't mean that's ALL you have to drive. Just because you like mini's/beetle's doesn't mean that's all you should own/use.

I have a 2008 bike, and I didn't come to this forum because I'm into retro bike's.. I can't even remember why I joined lol. But I do appreciate the older bikes, and where and how the developed. Some of the techniques shared about retrobikes/bmx's and how to polish up and clean and change apply to modern bikes ass well.

Also.. it has given me the apprecation for simplicity of design. You don't always need disc brakes, big ass suspension etc when a simple frame will do.

I'm actually gutted my Dad got rid of his ancient yellow racer.. I would have loved to have restored that.

Back