98 Kona Hot

neat job.

I wish Argos had used an fancy IS mount like yours on mine :LOL:

P1010006-3.jpg

Have you had the top tube cable guides drilled out for the hose?

Right ive got the frame in at the powder coaters. Gone for bright orange. Need to call them tomorrow to see when it will be ready. Whilst removing the headset on friday i noticed that the top of the head tube has been subjected to bad headset removal/installation at some point :( Its not too bad and only seems to affect the first 5mm. Ive just ordered a crank bros headset from crc which has 15mm of insertion so im hoping this will sort it.

Along with the headset ive also ordered new cables, cable dohnut things, seatpost shim, headset spacers and a BB. I think thats all i need to get it running for Mayhem.
Liking this, I would second the Orange option too - with lots of CK Mango parts pending you winning the Lottery!!
No lottery win this weekend so the crc order was just enough to get it working. ck would be nice though :) Ive currently got alot of black stuff which is going to go on it. Carbon post and bars, thompson stem, black shimano xt brakes and black fox forks. Im thinking this will look good against the orange so may invest in some all black wheels.
neat job.

I wish Argos had used an fancy IS mount like yours on mine

Have you had the top tube cable guides drilled out for the hose?
Liking yours and its the same orange :) Can you post a pic of the whole bike?
I did the hose guide myself. Drilled it very carefully :shock: Was happy with the result though. What about yours?
Really looking forward to mayhem now :D I just hope i dont get any unexpected problems with the build so i can ride it.
letmetalktomark did i see that your going to mayhem, getting there on thursday? I might try for Thursday myself :)

Back