Look What I found in the back of the garage ...

theredchili

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
A Specialized Preview 2.5 Halogen Bike light, i must have brought in 1990 ish.

Has main and dip beam ,with a low battery level indictor.Just put some batteries in and works a treat.i remember this looking quite Futuristic at the time !

Attachments

• IMG_1989.jpg
    IMG_1989.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 2,308
  • IMG_1988.jpg
    IMG_1988.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 2,308
  • IMG_1987.jpg
    IMG_1987.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 2,308
I'm sure I've got one hidden in the garage too... I remember the little red light of doom that would come on and mean a trip to the newsagent for more batteries.

Wonder if therre's a market for them at all.

I had a pair of these back in the day! was very fond of them and thought the led indicator for battery power was awesome! Great lights.

benbonty":1p7uaajq said:
I had a pair of these back in the day! was very fond of them and thought the led indicator for battery power was awesome! Great lights.

Did they do a rear ? At the same time I brought this, I got a small Led one with velcro strap.It may be a Spez one also , will do some more digging !

lights

i've got one of these somewhere as well!! i remember when i got it, and i thought the beam off it was superb!! :LOL: whereas now i use a 1600 lumen head torch and a 900 lumen handlebar light......... oh how times have changed!!!!! lol

i'd like to find my Specialized light though, and the clamp should be with it as well?? i used to use it in conjuction with a Pretzle head torch, which i can't that either???? :x

No rear as far as I know, I had two fronts! had those flashing vista 'cue' lights on the back! It was when I worked in a bike shop during college. The shop only closed at 8 so bright(ish!) lights were essential for the commute!

There was a rechargable battery pack upgrade available for these too, I couldn't afford that on my bike shop wages, although it probably would've saved me money on hundreds of duracells!

Re: lights

GMC":3slwm16u said:
i've got one of these somewhere as well!! i remember when i got it, and i thought the beam off it was superb!! :LOL: whereas now i use a 1600 lumen head torch and a 900 lumen handlebar light......... oh how times have changed!!!!! lol

i'd like to find my Specialized light though, and the clamp should be with it as well?? i used to use it in conjuction with a Pretzle head torch, which i can't that either???? :x

I dug it out as I want to go night riding, don't think it will be suitable for anymore then road riding !

will try it out tonight

Mine was a longer and flatter version but it was rather bright for its day till it got stolen on a bike :twisted:

Back