Show us yer FSR's

EarlofBarnet":bbck42bz said:
Has anyone tried to fit a later Stumpjumper disc rear stay section to a 1998 ish FSR? Can remember someone wanting to try an Enduro disc stay on one. I have a spare '04 Stumpy disc bracketed stay section if anyone wants to try it?
i considered it but they didn't match up, the 01 enduro stay fits deffo

I have now picked up said Stumpy FSR from my mate (I think it's a 1999) and the crack in the frame I wouldnt like to try and repair and think would hold so I will be splitting it at some point soon including the disc adapter. I will post up some pics of the crack on here to see if anyone with better knowledge reckons it would fix ok but keep your eyes peeled in the for sale section for it.

Here's some pics including the crack. I think it's a 1999 although if someone knows different then let me know.

Attachments

• DSCN2797.JPG
    DSCN2797.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 2,791
  • DSCN2796.JPG
    DSCN2796.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 2,791
  • DSCN2795.JPG
    DSCN2795.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 2,791
sic_nick":c1a93h0l said:
Here's some pics including the crack. I think it's a 1999 although if someone knows different then let me know.

There is at least one suitable stumpjumper for sale on Ebay - The one in Maryport - that has a few fancy goodies with it. Why not buy it and make one good one and run it yourself?

Bullpup":1ggbiaur said:
sic_nick":1ggbiaur said:

There is at least one suitable stumpjumper for sale on Ebay - The one in Maryport - that has a few fancy goodies with it. Why not buy it and make one good one and run it yourself?

I already have a newer version of the Stumpy so don't need another suspension bike but it may be of use to someone on here.

That looks like a seriously unfortunate place to get a crack, and probably not safe to attempt a repair on that. I was hoping it would be on an existing join. Either split for parts or get a new rear section I reckon.

Such a shame, nice frame.

@sic_nick: i have a spare chainstay, it does have some rub marks on the inside (tyre rub) but it may be fixable/fillable or fine to use as is. i'll try get some pics for you. I had it sent to me for postage, so if its good enough for you, i'll send it on as i'm sure i wont be needing it anymore. PM me if interested :)

Back