Clipless pedals. The Hilarity!

I did the same thing when I got my new full sus last year, was coming down the local DH track, not looking so much where I was going (I thought I knew the track like the back of my hand). Forgot about the big dip in the track, next thing I knew the bike had gone from underneith me and I kinda did this Superman flight through the air before landing on the ground :LOL:
Learnt my lesson! Always watch where your going no matter how well you think you know the track!

Today I've been mostly.... not bothering to ask a gent pushing his bike to move over on the cycle path, so nipped onto the road, went to go back onto the pavement, and the rear tyre slipped on the kerb. Forgot I had SPD's at that moment, and went to grab the fence, but too far away, so fell over onto the pavement. Burst out laughing as I fell. I'm sure I looked like a completely cock to the traffic, but I had to laugh it off really.

The more you ride them the more natural it will become. Eventually you won't even think about clipping in and out and making a fool of yourself infront of many :LOL:

spd's for me i tryed flats for the first time 6 years ago after 15 years on spuds
i was at penshurst trying the sandy double first attack i just jumped straight over the bars where i was so used to being clipped in! god i looked a mug :oops:

Always run spd's on anything other than a fun/playbike/bmx.

Used a set of the spd/flat shimano pedals from '97 till they died about 3 years ago, now use the DX spd's.

Clipping in and out is like second nature, and dont think about it at all, and agree with the comments about float. In fact, at traffic lights (yes, I am a stopper, not a runner), I dont even unclip, I just balance and make a quick getaway.

Only fell over once when clipped in, and that was on a roadie with LOOK's, in 1993

I get more knoee ache from a day spent on my V12's than I do in my spd's, but that could be down to the type of riding, or the riding position. either way tho, my feet can rotate MUCH less with Vans and a set of V12's

G

Back