Anyone used these pedals ?

theredchili

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Mate uses them all the time - he has no issues does both long and short runs with them and are handy if he forgets his spd shoes - I bought them for him last year they were only £25 so shop around.

I've been using M545's (i think the next model up, sliver alloy cage on them) for years, can't grumble, I find the cage takes the pressure off your foot where the cleat is, ideal for long rides in softer comfier spd shoes :cool:

I've been using the 545's (same as Bob) since '98 - I can't fault them really. The 424's are the plastic version, and almost as old, and again I've had no issues. I've got wide feet, so the caged SPD's were a revelation when they came out for me, but I've been saved on some rides when I'd have to sit in the car after forgetting my shoes as well.

I had some of the DX version that are very similar and liked them a lot. Defo shop around though, seen them cheaper then that. On-One were knocking all types of Shimano pepals at a good price recently. ;)

i have tried to use them but couldnt engage. the sole of my 661 shoes interferred

lewis1641":37x7xtna said:
i have tried to use them but couldnt engage. the sole of my 661 shoes interferred

are the 661's a flat soled shoe , or more conventional Mtb treaded shoe ?

Back