1991 Diamond Back Axis

the ripper

Dirt Disciple
Good evening,

this is my Diamond Back Axis (1991 I think) in full Ox True Temper steel, it's my winter bike for muddy roads, full xt transmission, xtr v-brakes, crossmax ST wheels.

It's a lovely frame. Seems to be in good condition. Not too sure about the modern components, but you're riding it! ;)

nice job so far!......as long as its used, component choice is a personal thing....ride it and enjoy it!.... :D

one of my all time favorite frames. i lusted after one of these as a teenager, i had the DB Sorrento of the same year.

i would love to try and get my hands on a similar one.

personally, i love the modern components, that makes it functional and easy to use every day

looks great!

the ripper":2ybm6mp4 said:
Good evening,

this is my Diamond Back Axis (1991 I think) in full Ox True Temper steel, it's my winter bike for muddy roads, full xt transmission, xtr v-brakes, crossmax ST wheels :

I have a 91 Axis, too - with the black splatter paint job.

Just wish I had the original forks for it.

That looks superb and the modern components suit it a treat. I love the look of the layback seatpost on it, just looks like it wants to be raced.

the ripper":a2a4i9ob said:
Good evening,

this is my Diamond Back Axis (1991 I think) in full Ox True Temper steel, it's my winter bike for muddy roads, full xt transmission, xtr v-brakes, crossmax ST wheels :

the ripper":1pb383yn said:
the ripper":1pb383yn said:
Good evening,

Joint best bike I've ever owned. Joint top with my current On-one 456. Tried others including FS the only thing that came close was a Marin Mount Vision Pro. Would love to get hold of both of these again.

Back