What shoes when using flatpedals?

bonty98

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi folks,

I´ve always used spd/time pedals but lately put on DMR v8´s and I really like´em :)
For now I use normal running shoes, but what proper shoes can I look at when xc riding?

Tia/J

I'm using an old pair of Vans since going back to flats after 2-3 yrs of spd's

But I'm thinking of investing in a pair of five-tens for my Christmas as I hear they are a match made in heaven with Dmr's ;)

G

Ditto

Ive been using various pairs of Vans on my V12's for years. Tried some Emericas once, they were a bag o'shite

G

Just standard shoes really. My nike air forces normally for me.

Id suggest getting the extra long terror pins, grip to any shoe.

A shoe with a flatter sole suits best.

I have 3 pairs of Animal skate shoes (different colours to go with what else i'm wearing :oops: none in white)
Like these http://shop.animal.co.uk/skate+shoes/mi ... fmwy10002/ the tread pattern is ideal for pedals like DMR's, the soles are fairly rigid and they have a hefty lump of rubber around the toes :cool:

I've found alot of new type skate shoes are more for fashion and for some reason vans which I used to always have are now really skinny fit :?

Yeees 3 pairs, Animal do new colours every season and sell off the old colours at about £20 a pair so I have black/blue, Blue/black and light brown/dark brown :LOL: I have 2 pairs of Globes too, they were good at gripping but the pins seem to rip the tread off fairly quickly and they're not as stiff.

Edit: oh and I forgot about the Etnies (a couple of pairs of them too and yes I do have more shoes than Mrs Bob) :LOL: way too soft for spikey pedals but by far the comfiest as they get older they just get even more comfy

OK guys, thanks for all replies :D
But as we´re soon to get a shitload of snow in sweden I was maybe thinking that shimano, specialized or someone made a bikeshoe that doesn´t use spd´s.
Or maybe just use my trusty old boots?

Back