Bargain Ebay bike lights

I just bought one of these from an electronics market out here

http://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk/index.html

The selection out here is phenomenal, mostly Cree torches going up to (a claimed) 3600lumins!! :shock:

It lights up the hotel opposite us quite nicely :twisted:
Came with bar & helmet mounts
Will try it out when I get back.

G

How much are they out there?

If they are cheap maybe you could give your wallet a little exercise on our behalf. ;)
Hope you've got space in yer suitcase.

Nae pressure like. :cool:

On the other hand maybe with a suitcase full of them you might get the rubber-glove treatment from UK Customs. :shock:

If it is identical (including the battery cover and two strap pouch), then I've seen that MTBBatteries one in the flesh, and the quality is pretty good :) )

Took the ebay one out before on the bike and it kept switching from flashing to static and even off ! Gonna try the other battery and go out again tomorow :?

DegsUk":19hgc5o1 said:
Took the ebay one out before on the bike and it kept switching from flashing to static and even off ! Gonna try the other battery and go out again tomorow :?

One of mine was doing silly things - took the switch mechanism apart and ran a soldering iron over it - seems better now

Tonight I tested my original (given to me by a retrobiker) Cree 5W ebay light that I replaced the LED and massively rewired to use a UBS connector and external modified 4000mah battery pack. Used it on my helmet in the p*ssing rain, and it ran just fine, but kinda pointless on the well lit streets as such. Wasn't too heavy at all though so should be good for the moors if I go up there in the dark, to accompany my XM-L light.

I made sure I put some thermal paste on it as well.

(Off topic: Looking at the maglite mini that's broken. Gonna try and rig something up for that so I can have the working... it will prob involve filing down some LED's I already have and wiring it up.)

I've just picked up a "
1300 CREE T6 LED Bike Bicycle Light Flashlight Torch A7" up for £19.68 delivered on eBay. Bargain for: 1300Lm High Power Torch
+Bicycle Light Holder + 5 Leds Rear Light
+2 x 2400mAh 18650 Battery + Charger. Got to be worth the money as an occasional off-road light, esp if it's near to the claimed 1300Lm.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
This site may be of interest to anyone considering buying 18650 3.7v batteries and chargers from HK.

http://www.torchythebatteryboy.com/p/batteries_21.html

The pics at foot of page of the faults in just one charger :shock: are frightening.

LGF, I am assuming you are taking the claims of 5000mAH for these batteries with a large dose of salt. ;)
Some of the batteries he checked were recycled laptop batteries that were re-covered to look like new but were crap. :roll:

Back