Singlespeed to Bounce or not?

Mine switches between rigid and sus forks depending on whim, really. It's been rigid for a while, though. Biggish front tyre is good :)

I love Sanderson frames, cam close to owning a "Life" of them, show some pictures on here please.

And bounce or not all depends on the riding. My Singlespeeds have mostly been rigid steel, simple, pure, silent. Also when I ride by myself I always choose a Singlespeed, regardless of terrain. But For the Sunday morning ride with the band of weekend warriors I use all the props I can get, 2x10 gears, big wheels, big brakes and front and rear bounce. YMMV

Enjoy!!

daj":1ekeajk1 said:
I am actually sat with just the frame at the moment , I have some wheels and hopefully promise of some brakes and have bars,stem seatpost etc but needing forks .... I cannot decide to go down the rigid route or have some bounce?

Dave,

Built it rigid, then you can't blame the forks for not riding it :LOL: seriously, if you build it Rigid it will reduce the maintanence which is what you need for winter as the Genesis has shown.

it will always be an option in the garage :D

RIGID!

It's much better for climbing out of the saddle, and you are going to be slower on a singlespeed anyway. Enjoy the simplicity. :cool:

Back