Bargain Ebay bike lights

legrandefromage":31vsnefy said:
Heh heh

Lets resurrect this monster again. Tried this fella out tonight and at the peaks meet.

Oh my giddy aunt! Bloody nuts!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160636012012? ... 580wt_1037

LDS076_re_d1.jpg

Mine just arrived ,,,,oh boy its a beast !

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Bought one of the above recently too. Very pleased with it after a couple of night rides in the local forest, got about 1.5 - 2 hours life out of the battery before it slowly started dying on me.
I actually crossed paths with a guy just sitting on a picnic bench out there at half ten at night – don't know who was most surprised!! :shock:

Going to get another one though. I think you need one to light the trail and one to throw a beam, and at £20, unbelievable value.

My friend was so impressed (even without seeing it in action) that I ordered two for him too. He uses them for jogging as he lives in the country.

Scougar":20es69xt said:
Did you get a chance to compare it to magicshine's or other XM-L lights?

I've compared it and the xml bikelight - the bikelight is a fair bit brighter even with the beam spreader on it. But it should be as it is using twice the voltage (it's not near 2 times as bright though).

"Beam spreader" ?

I'm definately interested in getting a better flood out of my XM-L light.. really not happy with it having as much throw as it does, given that it's mounted on the bike and not my helmet.

yup that's the one - works really well, lights the width of a fire track nicely. a few bits of noticable abberation at the bottom but it isn't exactly made of optical glass :)

Tazio also mentioned using frosting film for a softer spread (he works with theatre lighting) but I'd already ordered this.

Hmm.. soon as I actually get some money, I think I'll give that lens a go :) Does it seal up well?

My only real concern with any of these lights is potentially blinding traffic. I always point my slightly down and too the left when road cycling (commute). I want to be seen not stop anyone else from getting to there destination. (Some people really don't seem to give a **** about anyone else than themselves when cycling, which is frankly, not on. Be seen, don't be a problem.

I use the dipped beam for on road, it is fine - If a driver doesn't dip his lights I give a quick switch to flash mode - amazing how quickly they dip after that.

Latest posts

Back