Should I upgrade to an x0 rear mech!?

cyfa2809":1yudai27 said:
Now you just never have to get it dirty or else it will weigh too much!

:LOL: I will have to stop and clean the dirt off. Which will not be a problem on retrobike meets and they stop every ten mins :LOL:

Andy B":2r4mb40v said:
I'd rather have X0 shifters than an X0 rear mech

The shifters have more of an influence on the shifting than the mechs do, mechs are just a sprung mechanism which will only do what the shifters tell them to do

A rear mech is more likely to get damaged and it's an expensive part to replace if you use the very top end kit

X9 (or XT) is my limit for rear mech's, the difference in shift action between them and X0 (or XTR) is minimal not really worth the extra cash IMHO

I agree with this and would point out also that the numbers of carbon super duper rear mechs snapped in half on ebay is quite alarming :?
X9 is more than adequate for the rear and XO for the shifters.
Though i run X9 shifters and XO rear :LOL: :oops: in my defence its an older cnc alloy cage .

the carbon inner cage/jockeys look great! what do they wear like though!?

kmc x9 gold ti chain has just arrived too :D

v12jat":10i83gza said:
the carbon inner cage/jockeys look great! what do they wear like though!?

kmc x9 gold ti chain has just arrived too :D

Will have wait till the spring to find out. I seem to have bought a gold chain as well. Was expecting a silver :LOL:

Ahhh excellent, gold chains all round then.

Maybe there should be a goldie looking chain ride?

i is all over dat innit!!

3b7e78dc.jpg

:LOL:

tintin40":3jkpq10y said:
:cool: lost 17 grams now 164 grams Love carbon jockey wheels

17 grams?

just blow your nose before you go for a ride and you'll lose that much!

skip breakfast and have a good poo and you could and you could chuck a kiddie seat on and not notice! :roll: :LOL:

jax13":3ipj7foq said:
tintin40":3ipj7foq said:
:cool: lost 17 grams now 164 grams Love carbon jockey wheels

17 grams?

just blow your nose before you go for a ride and you'll lose that much!

skip breakfast and have a good poo and you could and you could chuck a kiddie seat on and not notice! :roll: :LOL:

I've heard that so many times. And the riders body weight makes no difference to how a bike rides. A heavy bike rides like a heavy bike if it has a light rider on it.
When my Trimble was 23 lb it was totally different when it was 19 lb.
17grams makes no difference on it's own but when added to the loss i've got on changing all bolts etc then it added to 4 oz off the weight of the Trimble. Add this to the weight lost on cranks, brakes, brake levers, bar, seat, seat post etc My Trimble will be 15 lb and once the bank has recovered i will lighten the wheels & stem to get the Trimble near 14 lb

I understand your point but on a £ for lb theory, is 17g worth the expense compared to losses you could get elsewhere for potentially less cash.

Back