1989 Fat Chance-Update 14-11-12 Pics P3

Radoslaw":359tv38i said:
theredchili":359tv38i said:
Bike feels more compact than my Wicked, different angles etc, looking forward to giving it a blast tomorrow

Maybe this is a short torso version? There were two top tube lenght options in Fat sizing. Can be made to order though.

No ,tope tube same length, probably just the stem and angles slightly different

That's very nice - like the suntour and interesting to see the shimano cantis, I don't think the suntour cantis were much cop at this time - even has a XCD headset - that is a pretty rare bit of kit.

So how does it ride ? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: took it out for a proper ride today for the first time , really enjoyed the ride.The huge brake levers took some getting used too in very muddy condtions but throwing it around on the technical sections I can see once I'm dialled into it ,it will fly.

A big thanks to all that voted it " Bike of the Ride" cheers

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sheldona/6 ... 935832583/

Love that colour and very cool, great to have the option of a pannier rack too, top find and great back story to.

Bit of an update,After removing an awful lot of mud from Saturdays ride, Painfully removed the old decals, took a while as they had cracked and been sun baked on ! Now ready for a new set.Amber walls now fitted and look so much better, the icing on the cake (much to Ed's approval no doubt) Is a nice Fat City Saddle ( thanks To Gary for letting it go,painful as it was I'm sure ;) )Just still deciding if I should change the stem or not :shock:

Attachments

• IMG_1946.jpg
    IMG_1946.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 2,603
  • IMG_1956.jpg
    IMG_1956.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 2,603
Another small update to keep me happy ! lucky enough to source another NOS Hite Rite , I am a big fan of these :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_1971.jpg
    IMG_1971.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,865
  • IMG_1972.jpg
    IMG_1972.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,865
theredchili":382nmp2h said:
I am a big fan of these :cool:
Yes, I can tell :) I don't know why I assumed it's a Wicked while obviously it's a Fat Chance. Perhaps because seen quite few Wickeds in cherry colour. This explain more compact feel due to 2 degree slacker head tube.

Radoslaw":181kzeit said:
theredchili":181kzeit said:
I am a big fan of these :cool:
Yes, I can tell :) I don't know why I assumed it's a Wicked while obviously it's a Fat Chance. Perhaps because seen quite few Wickeds in cherry colour. This explain more compact feel due to 2 degree slacker head tube.

Wasn't too bad once I got used to it ,the large brake levers were more noticeable ( saying that the Wicked will probably feel out streched now !). May try a longer stem at some point to see how it feels :?

I absolutely love that motorcycle style levers, they're cool and feel just right.

Well, after receieving a nice Set of Decals from Gil_m,I have finished the build of the 1989 Fat Chance in Kandy Wild Cherry, As mentioned for this build I wanted to keep as much of the originality as possible due to the extra rack mounts and the history of this being owned by Ron Andrews,ex Fat City employee and racer,Ron also used to work for Merlin,Jo Breeze and Yeti to name a few, he now runs King Cage.

I have added a very nice Turbo, the saddle I had from this has gone on another project, new tyres,Hite-Rite, decals and thrown on some rideable pedals.
It doesn't need any more tinkering, the paint needs replacing but It has great character so will be left, this is a rider and looking forward to hitting the trails some more on it

Attachments

• IMG_2152.jpg
    IMG_2152.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,769
  • IMG_2155.jpg
    IMG_2155.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,769
  • IMG_2156.jpg
    IMG_2156.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,769
  • IMG_2157.jpg
    IMG_2157.jpg