Is it a light-saber? No it's a Euro-shifter!

pete_mcc

Feature Bike
BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Ebay weakness, couldn't resist: typically French (ie mad as a sheep in trousers), but with a twist of German (very, very over engineered).

Its an EGS syncroshift gear shifter, all CNCed alloy and titanium, single shifter does both front and rear derailleurs.

The most bizarre bit is it doesn't shift across all your gears, no- remember it's French, it does things it's way and no-one elses, it doesn't follow the crowd. Instead of using all 24 gears it chooses 12 of those, the 12 'unique ratios' and only shifts across those.

Amazingly clever, hugely rare (probably cos the thing doesn't really work and probably none ever sold!) and almost retro (199:cool:.

Now to find something Euro for it to go on.....

Attachments

• SNC11305.jpg
    SNC11305.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,717
  • SNC11302.jpg
    SNC11302.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,717
  • SNC11301.jpg
    SNC11301.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,717
Saw them when trawling for something else. Was intrigued and considered a bid - then completely forgot...!

Keep us posted on how they work...!

Or not...!

i used to work at a hire fleet in the new forest that had some dawes bikes with a cheaper plastic version of this, sometimes had trouble setting them up but the idea is actually very good, it uses the gears that you should use and not the gears like small small and big big etc.

good for people who don't know how to use their gears, you know the type, the people who ride everywhere in granny ring coz their scared to shift the front mech!

If interested I can get you the rear mech for 60 euros I think , brand new .
I know somebody who can get plenty of sets of those , levers , mechs etc... he found the company who used to make them and they have loads of stock left .

Latest posts

Back