Light disc brakes

suburbanreuben

Old School Grand Master
Avid BB7s may well be superb stoppers but light of weight they are not !
Any suggestions for light weight stoppers that work as well or better?
Ta.

Yeah i was going to mention that maguras are purportedly light weight. Check ashima too.
Unless your looking for cable operated.

Oh and kcnc do a brake i think.

Most of the players have light stuff in their line up especially as the reservoirs have got smaller and levers being made of carbon.

I read somewhere once that Magura Marta SL's were the lightest on the market but that might have changed now. Have a troll thru hyrolic brakes on CRC and you should get some weights.

Would think, however, light means loads of money especially if you buy new - used would be a good way to go especially on a budget.

Found these on singletrack (scroll down the thread) http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic ... ones-xo-xx Formula are well regarded as far as I'm aware and they certainly look good and should be nice and light.

Good luck

I have a pair of carbon bladed Magura Louise on one bike - very light, oodles of adjust ability & stopping power - almost maintenance free ..... did I mention the carbon blades :LOL:

lou_main.jpg

When I was building my rc300 I opted for the magura Marta sl's after some time researching weights on weight weenies and costs on eBay. Have to say I am very impressed with them

Still getting used to them, weird kind of feel to them, almost on or off, but they do pull you up pretty sharpish. To be honest Im not really a fan, although I do love the looks of them, I'll probably chop them out on another bike when I get some spare cash to get some funky new XT's

Back