November 2011 rBoTM - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
BITD I used to buy buttons made by Cinelli, with a"winged C logo", they go in the end of the bar as a finishing touch.

You could buy them in all colours and chrome.

Roadking.

you mean bar end plugs? at least that's what I've always known them as!

I might have some silver ones somewhere, I'll have a look tomorrow or at the weekend.

Andy

1951 LA PERLE - 1951 TdF Winner.

As many of you have a penchant for"foreign" :) bikes here's a French La Perle from the early 1950s - it is a replica of Koblet's 1951 Tour de France winning bike.

531 tubeset, Nervex lugs, Campag mechs, levers and hubs (steel barrel type), Gnutti chaninset, Ideal saddle, Universal brakes and a Phillipe Professionel handlebar & no-name steel stem.

I cannot pretend that this is mine, but it is owned by ol timer friend of mine.

I thought it would nice to see if it was appreciated on here.

This is CLASS.

Roadking.

Attachments

• LaPerle.jpg
    LaPerle.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 2,311
Awesome! Great entry, but...

"7. Bike must be currently owned by site member / nominee. If the bike is sold prior to or during the contest it will become ineligible. "

:cry:

What is his name? Is he/she willing to sign up?

Elev12k":4i6sy1le said:
Awesome! Great entry, but...

"7. Bike must be currently owned by site member / nominee. If the bike is sold prior to or during the contest it will become ineligible. "

:cry:

What is his name? Is he/she willing to sign up?

He is an old timer and not really into"this"kind of thing, although he has a very interesting cycling career and is well known in the cycling world (I hate"celebrity").

That was the long answer.

Short one - no.

Rk.

Here's my go for this month, Panasonic PR-6000 ex John Talen (World Champion Team Time Trail, twice lanterne rouge in the TdF). This is his third frame from 1991 and the close up shows the seattube extension that wasn't featured on the production models available to the public.

Attachments

• John Talen.JPG
    John Talen.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 1,870
  • Full bike.JPG
    Full bike.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,870
Okay, I'll give it a try:

1992 KLEIN QUANTUM, found frame and fork NOS after quite an exhausting search at a friend's place, just a very lucky coincidence.

Chased parts (Full, time correct Shimano DURA ACE) for more than a year or so and then managed to put all the stuff together in December 2011.

Stem and post are Syncros, Wheels are Mavic CXP with tubular tyres.

A lovely ride, now in full use mode for this year and "no", I do not regret riding it, it's a riders bike, not a collector thing.

main.php

Do you like it, too?

ededwards":2mqq5ae9 said:
Here's my go for this month, Panasonic PR-6000 ex John Talen (World Champion Team Time Trail, twice lanterne rouge in the TdF). This is his third frame from 1991 and the close up shows the seattube extension that wasn't featured on the production models available to the public.

If I would ever make an exception to the rules, this bike would be worth it, although I also brought my bike to the ring.

Can the referee (Admin) decide about it, please?

I know, one exception can cause a riot, but this is a hero bike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back