Ben Nevis circuit - 26th November - Brrrrrrr

I'll be a bit later - depending on traffic about 9, although I still haven't worked out where I need to be at 9 :)

so glen nevis then, glad I checked I thought we were staying in kinlochleven.

Are we Dorm 2 Mr P ? room for 2 more.

The "dorms" are kinda open plan really - not like the YH at Ullapool. More a series of stacked benches on which you can sleep.

Don't go up the Glen Nevis road - the pub/hostel is at Achintee on the North/East side of the river. I think its signposted but not sure - best googlemap the postcode.

Ben Nevis Inn PA33 6TE

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=PH33+6T ... CBQQ8gEwAQ

:D

I'll be there

I'll be there :D
David convinced me. I'll be singlespeeding.
Down on Friday afternoon and home Sunday sometime, sounds like a plan.
Apologies as I have read a few pages but not all 11 :roll:
Do I book a bed at the bunkhouse myself and are we doing the loop in one day and returning to the bunkhouse? Is the Bothy half way round a possible stop if theres too much bog or snow? or would that be an extra hike to kingshouse ;)
Looking forward to it, its been a while since Skye.

Jamie

Great news jamie, not sure on the details, thats Mr P's department, needless to say it will be a hoot, just mind and bring your whistle and space blanket.

guys, i'm, sure this is going to one hell of a trip :D

if i was heading to sunnier clim's, i'd be looking to join in.

hope the good weather holds up, i'm sure it'll be epic regardless

gla :twisted:

Jaimie - its easy enough to book - Go onto the Ben Nevis Inn website, look at Bunkhouse and check the booking/availability link.

Set calendar to show week including 25/26 November - book space for both nights in dorm 2 beside the other six crosses (that's us) .. Kinda difficult to explain but you'll figure it out i'm sure. £31 for the two nights.

EDIT: here's the link....beds 15 and 16 sre still available :D

https://www.easy-bookings-ssl.co.uk/eb/ ... =12e59sd21

I'll do it if you want.......let me know, and we can square up later.

Recommend me a bike, DaveDH thinks I'm mad but if we do go for it he reckons hardtail, plenty of gears, comfy saddle. I think he might be right :?

velomaniac":onei5of7 said:
Recommend me a bike, DaveDH thinks I'm mad but if we do go for it he reckons hardtail, plenty of gears, comfy saddle. I think he might be right :?

If the snow is down then I think the most important choice will be tyres.

Back