Which Brooks saddle?

LeeDevelopment

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Hiya,

I need some brief reviews here, about to take receipt of a road/commute/cyclocross frame, will predominantly be used on the road at the moment, well until I can hammer it up across the Egglestone Moor and around Hamsterley Forest anyway! I'm after a Brooks saddle and love the look of the Swallow. However I'd like to know how people are finding the comparison between the Swallow, Swift and B17 saddles please? It will be the chrome railed versions too, can't afford titanium ones sadly.

EDIT: forgot to mention I'm quite chunky at the moment (AKA A reet fat bar-steward) so it'll need to handle carrying me too!

i only got on with the B17, the others you mention were too narrow for me, i hated them.

done decent miles on them, but the only one i enjoyed was the B17.....and i have a chunky frame
:oops: :LOL:

I found the B17 to be comfy on a drop barred road bike, but use a sprung one on a mountain bike... drawbacks include potential of getting the old wedding tackle caught in the springs :shock: when slipping off rear of saddle, obviously weight, and what damage mud and moisture could do if not using a Crud Catcher etc... but the Champion Flyer feels and looks right on my Surly KM

Bought B17 recently. Done only 5h of ride so far but I'm amazed how nice and comfy this saddle is. I can recommend as well.

Back