Today I was mostly riding.....

Had a fantastic day in the forest in great company

Went places where I have never been before and feel proper pooped ha,ha

Roll on the next ride!!

daj":1wmaeo9m said:

Roll on the next ride!!

Let me know if you go again soon - got a new bike to try ;)

nevadasmith":1s7waand said:
daj":1s7waand said:

Roll on the next ride!![/quote

you can always give me a shout,can be free some afternoons in the week also :cool:

nevadasmith":2f9n8y6q said:
daj":2f9n8y6q said:

Roll on the next ride!![/quote

I thought you were still out of action ...Have to be honest I didnt think to ask :oops:

theredchili":38zmjcvl said:
you can always give me a shout,can be free some afternoons in the week also :cool:

Will do :D

daj":38zmjcvl said:
I thought you were still out of action ...Have to be honest I didnt think to ask :oops:

You just don't love me anymore :cry: you are dumped, I'm now going out with James after work :p

Wait a minute we broke up with my GT and Saracen still in your garage :facepalm:

I am free the weekend of the 26/27th Nov in anyone fancies a forest ride?

nevadasmith":2k9oqeeq said:
theredchili":2k9oqeeq said:

daj":2k9oqeeq said:

You just don't love me anymore :cry: you are dumped, I'm now going out with James after work :p

Wait a minute we broke up with my GT and Saracen still in your garage :facepalm:

DUMPED ?!? :LOL:

What if I promise of no more docking in the FOD with strangers?!?! :LOL: :LOL:

I am sure something can be sorted for the 26th/27th just wont tell Claire at the moment :LOL:

daj":q80353fz said:
nevadasmith":q80353fz said:
theredchili":q80353fz said:

daj":q80353fz said:

DUMPED ?!? :LOL:

What if I promise of no more docking in the FOD with strangers?!?! :LOL: :LOL:

No docking Dave :shock:

I may be free that weekend now , so keep me in the loop

Well, you know sometimes you get back in from a ride and you just wanna go out again and again, that's how I felt after Saturdays ride,so What can you do ? go out for a nice lunch time ride :LOL:
Luckily for me I work from home and therefore flexible working so I went to FoD City Cycles secret Bike storage facility so select a weapon of choice- easy my '88 Wicked Fat Chance single speed as I want to see If I can survive on single speeds as my main rider :shock:
So I lycra'd up for the first time in twenty years and went retro light weight.First part of the route entailed a fairly nasty climb across two fields and down into the woods.The Woods (which will remain nameless) have a large figure of eight fire track around them ,along with cleared muddy single track.Two parts of the "fig" have two long, slow climbs which are a bast**d !!
So into the woods , turned left and down a single track, that lovely mud you only get after horses churn it up, and not onto the top section of the "fig 8",a proper big dog moment ( if you had more than one upfront !)than after a gental climb,it's time for some exploring,of the main track into a narrow path and down hill which was muddy and full of solitude, I can count the number of people I have seen in these woods in the last 10 years on two hands, the number of horse riders on one hand and mountain bikers on one finger !!! :cool: , so after the last bit of down hill, rocky ,muddy and slippy all in one , it joins the bottom "fig" and ready for a climb that only Mr Edwards would enjoy, slow gradual, getting steeper towards the top, probably about 2-3 K climb, I made it 2/3 rds of the way before dismounting , but pleased considering I'm riding single speed.top of the hill peel off and back across the fields, quick wash of the bike, quick shower and sandwich and ready for an afternoons work :roll:
Not really long enough for a full retro ride, certainly great as an evening ride, can extend into the next woodland along for those extra lung burning hills :D

I do like working from home !

theredchili":5dvi1ltk said:
Well, you know sometimes you get back in from a ride and you just wanna go out again and again, that's how I felt after Saturdays ride,so What can you do ? go out for a nice lunch time ride :LOL:
Luckily for me I work from home and therefore flexible working so I went to FoD City Cycles secret Bike storage facility so select a weapon of choice- easy my '88 Wicked Fat Chance single speed as I want to see If I can survive on single speeds as my main rider :shock:
So I lycra'd up for the first time in twenty years and went retro light weight.First part of the route entailed a fairly nasty climb across two fields and down into the woods.The Woods (which will main nameless) have a large figure of eight fire track around them ,along with cleared muddy single track.Two parts of the "fig" have two long, slow climbs which are a bast**d !!
So into the woods , turned left and down a single track, that lovely mud you only get after horses churn it up, and not onto the top section of the "fig 8",a proper big dog moment ( if you had more than one upfront !)than after a gental climb,it's time for some exploring,of the main track into a narrow path and down hill which was muddy and full of solitude, I can count the number of people I have seen in these woods in the last 10 years on two hands, the number of horse riders on one hand and mountain bikers on one finger !!! :cool: , so after the last bit of down hill, rocky ,muddy and slippy all in one , it joins the bottom "fig" and ready for a climb that only Mr Edwards would enjoy, slow gradual, getting steeper towards the top, probably about 2-3 K climb, I made it 2/3 rds of the way before dismounting , but pleased considering I'm riding single speed.top of the hill peel off and back across the fields, quick wash of the bike, quick shower and sandwich and ready for an afternoons work :roll:
Not really long enough for a full retro ride, certainly great as an evening ride, can extend into the next woodland along for those extra lung burning hills :D

I do like working from home !

Sounds like you had a good afternoon. :D

Been out for the day on a pre Twizzle, Twizzle !

Busy out , but quiet away from the centre trails , wicked out of action , so used the Fat , no probs :D

Latest posts

Back