Marzocchi servicing

Just tried that Eck, no joy. So I turned the bike over and as I suspected one leg is 5mm or so longer than the other. Bit annoying as I've had the forks sitting around for ages waiting to get used.

I really am clueless about suspension.

ave got a good set of legs for 80mm z2's sitting ;) i'd still want to check the internails tho as one leg might have a longer cartrage or spring ?

big.eck":3ecyqdpu said:
ave got a good set of legs for 80mm z2's sitting ;) i'd still want to check the internails tho as one leg might have a longer cartrage or spring ?

Cheers big man, I think I need to pop out to the country and see you at some point. Is it possible that one of the legs has just been overtightened after a rebuild?

They need a service anyway as they are a bit juddery. Quite a bit juddery.

I don't have a socket set in the house as a lot of my tools are at work.

aye just geeza shout when your wanting to pop through and i'll make sure i'm in ;) i might have a set of z2 internals sitting too if your wanting to upgrade ? :LOL:

Removable crown? Could it just be that one leg isnt seated correctly,undo the top an make sure both are fully pushed down.
The only other thing ive come across on a Z3 was a twisted brace,the accident that caused that also twisted the crown slightly and i didnt think that possible :? but it was only after i swopped the brace an still had the same issue did i realise the crown was fubar too.
I think i gave you the legs Alex :?

Any more pics,as in an overall showing both sides?

Back