1999 Specialized FSR

Yeah sure did, bloody good bargain. Plans for it are, get the brakes free'd off get the gears working, new brake pads new tyres,I fancy some club roost "go fast" bars and that'll be it, gonna use it as a winter ride. :cool: :cool:

Well, the brakes are starting to free of as they were seized solid, rear wheel spins pretty much free but the front is still binding a bit. :cool: :cool:

are the rotors running true as well? i just picked up a pair of club roost bars on here for my 99 FSR Elite. i'm almost there with getting all the bits i need to build it all up :)
making myself an adapter for the rear disc too :) :p these are fun bikes to build up, and they ride sweet as a nut :)
keep us posted :)

The rotors seem to be ok. Sweet get some pics of your bike up! Just had a good bit tinker with the front brake and its also free now! Woo, Gonna get my dad to help me bleed both systems at the weekend and probs put new pads in them too. :D :cool:

Well the tidy up begins!

Got the brakes free'd off ok, still stick slightly but not bad at all. replaced a few parts too, oh and removed those horrible stickers that were all over it!

Fsrtidyup2.jpg

Fsrtidyup3.jpg

Fsrtidyup1.jpg

Club roost bars, dmr v12's new grips.

looks a million times better already without those stickers!! as nature intended ;)

i'm literally just embarking on my '99 Elite build :) just reading up how to install an external bb correctly (external BB newbie ;) )
pics soon :)

looking good so far mate :) keep the updates coming :)

cheers dude, hmm I'm also new to the external BB thing! Next plans are for it, good clean, polish up the brake adaptor, try clean up some of the pitting on the wheels and get the gears sorted. You going to do a build thread when you start??

twain":1l1s4jxd said:
[enter Khane] :roll:

welcome to the FSR club. may i point you to this thread for inspirationism......:)

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=146268&highlight=

plenty of help here at your finger tips :)

p.s. - may we have some pics of that disc adapter you have there sonny jim? :)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

bit late on this thread, must have been busy recently. :oops:

if you want to see what these can become take a gander at my FSR thread. ;)

Taking shape, infinitely better without the stickers on it! Surprised how many of these turn up, but must be a goodthing that they're still around and in supply. Really must get one of these as my first foray into full sussers me thinks.

Back