Rear light recommendations.

Scougar":3exdrycx said:
Reviews say that light isn't bright though.

Can't say I have had any complaints and it wipes the floor with most of the lights I overtake on the road.

BertR00t":115a17zw said:
Scougar":115a17zw said:
Reviews say that light isn't bright though.

Can't say I have had any complaints and it wipes the floor with most of the lights I overtake on the road.

Just going on a few of the comments on Wibble :) I haven't seen either light in the dark so I can't comment personally.

I'm all in favor of small single-led lights at the front, but not at the back. That's why I equip all my bikes with a Smart E-Line. 3 LEDs that you can see from a good distance.

smart-polaris-3-led-rear-light-IMG20417.jpg

Smart also has a front light with the exact same shape, so if you don't like red you can always get a front one as well (they cost a fiver) and put the transparent cover on the taillight. It'll still be red when it's on, but white when it's off.
I did that on my Copperhead, as I liked it better in white than in red on that one. My 503 has a red one though.

However it has 3 modes. constant, flashing and ... ermm ... Knight Rider. I never use the last 2.

Power comes from 2 AAA batteries, which will last 50 hours on constant mode and 100-ish hours on the other 2.

Raging_Bulls":3uucgpo1 said:
I'm all in favor of small single-led lights at the front, but not at the back. That's why I equip all my bikes with a Smart E-Line. 3 LEDs that you can see from a good distance.

smart-polaris-3-led-rear-light-IMG20417.jpg

Smart also has a front light with the exact same shape, so if you don't like red you can always get a front one as well (they cost a fiver) and put the transparent cover on the taillight. It'll still be red when it's on, but white when it's off.
I did that on my Copperhead, as I liked it better in white than in red on that one. My 503 has a red one though.

However it has 3 modes. constant, flashing and ... ermm ... Knight Rider. I never use the last 2.

Power comes from 2 AAA batteries, which will last 50 hours on constant mode and 100-ish hours on the other 2.

Your not riding with a RED light on the front are you?

Whatever get's you noticed.

For me:

Rear: 1 flashing, 1 constant
Front: 1 flashing, 1 constant (Although I normally only run the constant in the dark).

+1 for the Smart 0,5 and 2X0,5 lights.

My kids use the former (they never leave town). I use the latter.

knog gekko

cheap, superb seal and its made from medical grade silicone, no tools need to stick it on, really handy and never budges, about 4 different modes too.

Back